LDS hymns

daultman

LDS hymns

Post by daultman »

One complaint actually a couple complaints. Whether you listen to the hymns on gospel library or on the LDS hymns app there is no way to save the playlist it allows you to create. If something happens in the app is lost or the app updates all of your songs that you like to listen to are erased. I think it needs a way to save these into your LDS account so that when you sign back in that playlist comes back. Also I've noticed since the app first launched there are a lot of hymns in the hymn book that do not have music or singing associated with them and it says that it's because the church does not have the rights to them. Which I think is weird because we have the hymns in the hymn book so why can't we have those songs play like the rest of them?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: LDS hymns

Post by sbradshaw »

I'd recommend sending the ability to sync playlists as a feature request using in-app feedback, to make sure it gets filed with other requests. I agree that it would be a good feature.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The texts, tunes, and/or arrangements for several of the hymns in our hymnbook are owned by third-party individuals or corporations. The Church has license agreements allowing them to publish the hymns in print, but the contracts with each copyright holder may or may not allow benefits like digital publishing, public performance, or audio recordings, without changing additional fees or royalties. (Different types of publishing require different agreements, because if a copyright holder allows their work to be too easy to get for free, then nobody else will pay, and they will lose money. For copyright-holding corporations, it's a matter of maximizing profits. For copyright-holding individuals, their compositions may be their livelihood.)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
daultman

Post by daultman »

what about the other suggestion? allowing the hymns app to be synced so if you make a playlist of your favorites and change phones its not lost.

Return to “Mobile Applications”