Palm Pre....Any software developed for Web OS?

glos-p40

bug in new updated version: 1.9

Post by glos-p40 »

I don't know if anyone is even watching these threads or not, but I left a comment in the discussion area for the Palm Pre (WebOS) Scripture App. I'm posting it here as well in case no one saw it. (I don't have an account for the dev bug tracker but have recently requested access)

There is a section in the content/eng/scriptures/nt/03990_000_nt_000.json file which does not belong there. When you open the New Testament, it displays chapter "b" right after Matthew. To resolve this, before compiling, modify the file and remove just that section, leaving all other formatting in place.

UPDATE: Many sections in this latest build (671) are empty. I have noticed the following incomplete json files:

- Old Testament
- Topical Guide
- Bible Dictionary

I actually went in myself and populated the fields, which I'm glad I did because now I can see how much easier it will be to add books in the future.
tortdog

Boaz, not Booz

Post by tortdog »

Not sure where we report bugs, but:

Matt 1:5 and Luke 3:32 list "Booz" as the ancestor of Christ, not Boaz.

Makes me wonder about the word of wisdom.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

tortdog wrote:Not sure where we report bugs, but:

Matt 1:5 and Luke 3:32 list "Booz" as the ancestor of Christ, not Boaz.

Makes me wonder about the word of wisdom.
Those aren't bugs; look in the printed version and you'll see the same spelling: Boaz (OT) is spelled as Booz in the NT. In many cases, NT spellings are different from OT spellings (Hebrew vs. Aramaic/Greek). In those same genealogies, note that Judah (OT) is listed as Judas/Juda; Methuselah (OT) is listed as Mathusala; Rehoboam (OT) is listed as Roboam; etc.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
tortdog

Post by tortdog »

Well there ya go. You are correct that the KJV has it wrong. When do we switch to the NAB???
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

tortdog wrote:Well there ya go. You are correct that the KJV has it wrong. When do we switch to the NAB???
I never said that "the KJV has it wrong." I simply explained that names in the Old and New Testaments are often spelled differently because of different language origins. The King James Version remains the Church's official version of the Bible for the English language. I sincerely doubt that this will change.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
greggo

Post by greggo »

It would be interesting to check the JST, but I doubt it would be different than the KJV.

Return to “Mobile Applications”