New Temple app

New Temple app

Postby cvbuskirk » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:14 am

I've created a new iOS Temple app. Heavy use of cloudkit. Will be adding on to it every so often. Comments/reviews are welcome in improving it. ... 89539?mt=8

Re: New Temple app

Postby sbradshaw » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:34 pm

Great start! I like how the links open directly in the app. I also like how you have a Wikipedia link. Where'd you get the photos?

A couple of first-impression suggestions after using the app for a bit:
– Rename "Wiki" to "Wikipedia."
– Change "Cancel" button when viewing an page to "Close" (and maybe add a back arrow at the top).
– Could make better use of the standard iOS design language (for example, buttons, fonts, and margins/padding).
– The Moroni icon is fitting, but it looks too much like Gospel Library. Also, I think it would be nice if the Moroni were in front of the green/blue, instead of behind the green/blue (i.e. use a green/blue background, but don't tint the Moroni green/blue).
– Links to and/or would be nice.
– A quick-scroll mechanism on the right side of the screen would be nice for the list of temples.
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

Return to “Mobile Applications”