Gospel Library Ubuntu Touch App

mazdarx7j

Gospel Library Ubuntu Touch App

Post by mazdarx7j »

I am currently using Ubuntu Touch on my Nexus 4 and there is no application for the LDS Gospel Library, LDS Tools or anything else available (although I built a simple web app for Touch).

A true app may be something that could benefit the Church's growth in less developed countries but especially Europe as Ubuntu Touch is designed and built there. Additionally, Touch is being shipped in China, so there is an opportunity in that country, as well.

In any case, I am trying to learn QML to make an attempt at building a proof of concept to propose to the Church. However, there are several languages that Touch accepts:

HTML5
C++
GO
QT

If anyone knows any of these languages, it could be of potential value to the Church and to those using Ubuntu Touch. :D

TIA.
mazdarx7j

Re: Gospel Library Ubuntu Touch App

Post by mazdarx7j »

So, I built a simple web app for uTouch using Ubuntu's SDK. It allows the user to access the lds.org site in a container. Basically, it keeps the user within the site and he/she can access the Scriptures from there. However, the app REQUIRES web access which is not ideal for certain circumstances, plus, it's a glorified bookmark!

At any rate, I am happy to report that there have been around 70 downloads of the app since it's creation, which means that there is at least SOME interest. I am still learning QML and have built about 29 applications for uTouch but I can't build this one because I don't have all the skills needed and I don't have access to the backend data (i.e. the actual scriptures!).
mazdarx7j

Re: Gospel Library Ubuntu Touch App

Post by mazdarx7j »

Screenshot from 2016-05-20 19-11-40.png
(66.48 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Just as proof that there is interest in the app from SEVERAL countries around the world.

Return to “Mobile Applications”