Youth LDS App

sarahchristinafloyd

Youth LDS App

Post by sarahchristinafloyd »

In the Youth app, I try to share an experience on one of the articles an such, and every time I click it it says I'm not 12-18. I'm logged in with my lds account, and my birthday is right, and it still won't let me share anything. I'm 15.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Youth LDS App

Post by russellhltn »

I don't know the app, but Is your birthday on the LDS Account you're using correct? You can go to ldsaccount.lds.org and check.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

I'm also unfamiliar with that app, but another thing to check is that your membership record number is associated with your LDS Account. It's conceivable that the app would use your birthday from your membership record, rather than your birthday from your LDS Account.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:It's conceivable that the app would use your birthday from your membership record, rather than your birthday from your LDS Account.
I can't imagine it would be different. I don't see a way to change it in the lds account and it's part of a two-factor authentication when setting up the account. The reason I ask to check the birthday in the lds account is to make sure it's the right MRN for the user.

I downloaded and installed the youth app. I didn't see any way to set a birthday or lds account. So, unless it's getting the account information from LDS Tools, I'm not sure how it's determining the user. The error message could be a false message - the programmers assumed that denied access could only be from being the wrong age range. So you'd get that message regardless of the real cause.

At this point, all I can suggest is sending feedback via the app. You might also compare note with your friends using the same platform to see how it's working for them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sarahchristinafloyd

Post by sarahchristinafloyd »

Thank you all for the help, I checked my settings in lds.org, and my birthday is correct along with my membership number, I will submit a question through the app. Thanks again!

Return to “Mobile Applications”