Music App

FMeese

Music App

Postby FMeese » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:45 pm

A member of the Mennonite church is looking for a programmer that had something to do with the LDS music app to help them create a similar app for their hymns.

Does anyone know who participated in the LDS Music app?

How could we help the Mennonites and provide a missionary service?

sbradshaw

Re: Music App

Postby sbradshaw » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:46 pm

The LDS Music app was donated anonymously to the Church a few years ago and since then has been developed by a small team of developers. The programmers are also heavily involved with other projects so are unlikely to have time to contribute a lot (the LDS Music app has been evolving very slowly). The code base is owned by the Church, so it couldn't be copied over to a new non-Church project without permission from someone higher-up. I've contributed a good amount to the project – not as a programmer, but I am in tune with a lot of the challenges and functionality of the app from a usability and content standpoint. I'd be glad to help give input, but I'm not a programmer.

The only other hymnal I know of that's been converted into an app is the Baptist hymnal:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/baptist ... 94957?mt=8

What hymnal do Mennonites use?
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

Return to “Mobile Applications”