Ensign app

dougcheney

Ensign app

Post by dougcheney »

When will the Ensign app (for either Android or iOS) include more than the General Conference issues?
davesudweeks

Re: Ensign app

Post by davesudweeks »

I tried the Android Ensign app about a year ago, but dropped it due to the lack of information available. As an alternate, Gospel Library has all the Ensigns without installing an additional app on my Tablet.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I've heard that it's time consuming to prepare content for the Ensign app, and I think the priority focus is Gospel Library and LDS.org, so I haven't heard of any plans to include more than the Conference issues.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
bryaneh

Post by bryaneh »

Have you tried the Ensign, New Era, or Friend magazines in Newsstand for iOS? It's not quite like the Ensign app for conference (no videos), but it's nicer than the Gospel Library version. It has graphics, etc. Basically it's like the PDF version you download from LDS.org, but organized nicer in folders.
MarshallCL

Slow download for magazines in iOS Newsstand

Post by MarshallCL »

I get the Ensign in Newsstand on my iPad. For the last few months the download times for new issues have been very slow - an hour or two. Delivery used to be very quick, no more than a minute or two at most. Today I subscribed to the New Era and I find exactly the same problem. I have a fast broadband of 150mbps and my daily newspaper subscription in Newsstand continues to work flawlessly, with an almost instant download. So the problem is not with either Newsstand or my broadband speed. Has anybody had the same problem? Has the Church made changes to the server? I don't know whether it's connected, but it is now the 10th July but the July editions of both the Ensign and New Era have not yet appeared in Newsstand. Any help would be appreciated.
P.S. When the download starts, the progress circle gets to the halfway point reasonably quickly (though not as quick as it used to be) then hangs, for a very long time. If I leave it running (overnight, for example), the magazine eventually appears.

Return to “Mobile Applications”