LDS Music for Android

sbradshaw

LDS Music for Android

Postby sbradshaw » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:23 pm

A beta version of LDS Music for Android is now (finally!) available for testing. You can join the project here on LDSTech.

LDS Music for Android draws from the same content database as LDS Music for iOS, which currently includes the hymnbook in 18 languages and the Children's Songbook in 12 languages.

If you have Android, try it out and send feedback!
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

lmcguire

Re: LDS Music for Android

Postby lmcguire » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:45 am

Cool. Just downloaded and installed on Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Android 4.4.2. Everything seems to work except playing audio - it crashes and recovers itself back to the song list.

Will try more at church - gotta run!

Liz

davesudweeks

Postby davesudweeks » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:29 am

Do we have to side-load this to install it on our device or is it available in the Google Play store?

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:25 pm

Here are the instructions for joining the beta:

1. Join the "LDS Music BETA" Google+ Group by clicking on the following URL (simply joining the group will give you rights to the BETA):
https://plus.google.com/communities/115 ... 6567132430

2. Click on the following URL to become a BETA Tester (follow the instructions on the page)
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/org.lds.ldsmusic

3. Go to the Google Play Store on your device and you should see a new update for LDS Music.
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:31 pm

It's also recommended that you join the LDS Music for Android LDSTech project so you are registered as a project member:
https://tech.lds.org/projects?controlle ... jectid=116

davesudweeks

Postby davesudweeks » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:36 am

Thank you sbradshaw. I am already a member of the Google+ groups for LDSTools and Gospel Library. I probably should have searched Google+ for the LDS Music group, but thanks for providing the link.

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:37 am

You're welcome!

davesudweeks

Postby davesudweeks » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:46 am

I side-loaded the apk from the ldstech project yesterday evening. I experienced the same behavior lmcguire did (see post #2 above). I'm running it on a Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Android 4.4.2.

I will try it again once I join the Google+ group and get it directly from the Google Play store.

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:47 am

It seems that lots of people are experiencing problems with playing audio, reading through the Google+ group posts by other beta testers.

tothzol

Postby tothzol » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:55 am

Will Hungarian language be available in the near future? Otherwise it works well. :)

Return to “Mobile Applications”