connecting media device to smart TV

drewlotr

connecting media device to smart TV

Post by drewlotr »

I have a iphone 4 when i connect through the VGA port i will not show up on the TV, when I use my husbands iphone 4s it will. I tried it through my son's iphone 5c it didnt work either and we used the adapter with a vga port and a usb port for iphone 5c, . someone in the room had an ipad and we used the same cord and it worked. Is there a setting i need to switch on in my phone to make it work? Any help would be useful. Thanks
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: connecting media device to smart TV

Post by Mikerowaved »

I'm generally an Android geek, but I've been tasked to research getting an iPhone/iPad/iPod to HDMI adapter for our new LG TV's and found it's not as simple as just ordering one from Apple. If you look at the reviews of the 30-pin adapter they sell in the Apple Store, it's really hit-or-miss if it's going to work. (As you found out! :) ) THEN, I discovered all the new Apple portable products have moved to Apple's proprietary "Lightening" connector, which requires it's own adapter to output A/V to HDMI. [sigh]

Back on topic, I found a Knowledge Base article that explains what models are supported by which adapter and also some troubleshooting tips if things go wrong. Maybe something there can help you with your issue.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Braeggles

Post by Braeggles »

Could you just use a Chromecast or similar device? The Gospel Library app was recently updated to support Chromecast. If the media you want to display is through the Gospel Library app or YouTube, it should be simple on either Android or iOS with Chromecast. No need for wires or adapters or anything this way and it accommodates all devices.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

There are pros and cons about using Chromecast in meetinghouses, some are covered in the following threads.

Chromecast success
Chromecast
Chromecast, any HDMI-capable TV can receive video stream

IMO, if you're going to download the content anyway, just put it on a flash drive and avoid using WiFi and the extra layer of uncertainty.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Mobile Applications”