LDS Catch Phrase

probbiethe1

LDS Catch Phrase

Post by probbiethe1 »

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but here it is.

With the help of my Sunday school class (14-15 year olds) I created an Android app called LDS Catch Phrase. It is played just like normal Catch Phrase but with LDS phrases. My class loves playing it and I have uploaded it to the Play Store for free.

The app is seeing some interest and I personally like playing it anywhere I can. I do need help with more phrases though and that is why I am posting here. I was hoping you all could share some more phrases with me. If you would like to see the phrases we already have you can check them out at ldscatchphrase.tk.

If I wasn't suppose to post stuff like this here please delete it.
bsummie

Re: LDS Catch Phrase

Post by bsummie »

Not necessarily direct answers, but places you can look. I love catchphrase, and have always thought this would be a fun project. What about going through he a bible dictionary, topical guide and index? You could also use Preach My Gospel and put just about every cat ignore and subcategory. Christ like attributes would be good. You could also go through the strength of youth pamphlet and add those as well. I just wish I had an android so I could get your app!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Between Topical Guide and Bible Dictionary, I think you'd have quite a few phrases to chose from.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
danpass

Post by danpass »

probbiethe1, You might be interested in the LDSTech 2014 Gospel App & Game Contest.
ambusbea

Post by ambusbea »

Is there an iPhone app or iPad app yet? I have looked and can't find it.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Often these words and phrases come up in a translation setting. There are some LDS vocabulary words and phrases listed here:
http://www.ihmc.us/users/nblaylock/ldsterm/

There are also lists that official church translators reference, for example when translating General Conference, and lists in language training books/materials that missionaries receive in the MTC.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mizzogurl

Post by mizzogurl »

I would love to get a copy of your catch phrases. I’d love to play the game with my family. Please let me know how I can get a copy. Thanks!!

Return to “Mobile Applications”