downloading bible videos to iPad

npk_techguy

downloading bible videos to iPad

Post by npk_techguy »

I want to download several of the Bible videos to my iPad using the Bible Videos app. I can get the older videos. However, those published most recently will not download. They will stream just fine, but will not save. For example, when trying to save (Download to Device) 'Forgive 70 times 7' I get a message saying 'Download Failed. Please check your Internet connection and try again.' I am currently downloading 1 one of the Sermon on the Mount videos without an issue, so I know I have an internet connection.

Any ideas?

Jason
mprusse

Re: downloading bible videos to iPad

Post by mprusse »

Not sure what might be wrong using the Bible Videos app. I just downloaded it fine using the Gospel Library app and verified that it played. You might want to try that.
npk_techguy

Post by npk_techguy »

Yes, that works for me as well and will do in a pinch.

I do like the Bible Videos app and would like to use that. Anyone else seeing this?
rjtolman

Post by rjtolman »

Yes, I have seen it for a very long time. The Bible Videos app will not download certain videos. It doesn't matter if it is an iPhone, or iPad, doesn't matter which IOS. It has the problem since IOS 5. It always get the same error saying that it can't download because of some internet error.
I have tried this on my Comcast 50 meg download speed. Every single chapel in our Stake located in the Salt Lake Valley. I have tried it on several networks at the Riverton Office building no joy there either. I have tried it on an iPad 2, iPad Air, and iPad mini Retina. I have submitted several bug reports and get zero response. I have offered to take my hardware to a location they suggest, still no response. I gave up. I just figured too many cooks in the pie. It is such a super piece of software, too bad you can't get everything download. One more thing I have restored and iPad 2 as new and only installed Bible videos 3 times. Same error on the same videos. Good luck would love to see a solution. I love teaching with bible Videos. It is super when hooked to a monitor. I now download using the Web interface. Put it into iTunes and sync the iPad when I need a video. That has been the only method that I have found that works every single time.
drowley1030

Post by drowley1030 »

I continue to have this issue. I have deleted the app and reinstalled it multiple times. New video's are able to download. Older video's don't. It appears that once it fails, it may not download again.
Obadiah

Post by Obadiah »

Download Bible Video specific to lesson.
I love the Bible Videos, my problem is I cant seem to find the video on my ipad after it says it has been downloaded. Where is the file sent?
I know I can thumb through the entire list of videos and find the video but it is a distraction during the lesson. It would be nice to pull up the videos I have planned to help make a point at a specific time in the lesson without the distraction of searching.
Can anyone tell me where the video downloads on my ipad??
Thanks in advance.
addseo1118

Post by addseo1118 »

You have done an advance thing. Thanks for posting the great information.

Return to “Mobile Applications”