Downloading Videos in the Bible Videos app

craigmoyer

Downloading Videos in the Bible Videos app

Post by craigmoyer »

Has anyone had trouble downloading the videos within the latest Bible Videos app for iPad?

When I try to download some of the videos in my iPad 2 (iOS6), I get an error message that says "Download Failed". Some videos download just fine, while others do not. It's always the same videos.

So I deleted the app and re-installed it, and I still get the error downloading some videos, just not on the same videos as before.

Has anyone else had this problem?
-Craig
alan.richardson

Re: Downloading Videos in the Bible Videos app

Post by alan.richardson »

Same issue on an iTouch 3rd gen (which means I'm running the latest iOS 5, not 6). But it's pretty consistent which episodes won't download. As I recall it starts with the third one, and then the next five or six get a 'problem with Internet connection' pop up. Doesn't matter where I try (home wi-fi, church, semi-public network). Have also deleted the app and reinstalled with the same result. I can PLAY the videos, just can't download them for offline viewing. Haven't tried the iPad's app to see if I have the same issue.
tannkar

Post by tannkar »

I have experienced the same problem. iOS6, iPad2. I went through the same steps of deleting the app and reinstalling. The following videos give me the "Download Failed. please check your Internet connection and try again" message: For God So Loved the World, Jesus Cleanses the Temple, Jesus Heals a Man Stricken With Palsy, Jesus Raises the Daughter of Jairus, Go and Sin No More, Sermon On the Mount:The Lord's Prayer and Jesus Declares He Is the Messiah. I just received an iMessage from my sister with an iPad2. It appears she is experiencing the same issues.
greglayne

Post by greglayne »

Hello, I am still experiencing this issue of error with download connection with some videos as stated in the other posts here. I like this app better than the section in LDS Gospel Library as it is visually catalogued and more user-friendly so I would like to continue to use it if we had it fixed. I hope a fix is soon on its way.
mariareese

Post by mariareese »

Yes, I am having the same problem, when I download the video error comes up ..

Return to “Mobile Applications”