Everything dealing with IPad's off by an hour.

mmkids6
Member
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:23 pm
Location: Tremonton, Utah

Everything dealing with IPad's off by an hour.

Postby mmkids6 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:11 am

Not sure if this is where to go with this question. But I have several Ipad users in our stake that seem to have the same problem, and that is that all their calendar events are off by an hour. What is on LDS.org is correct, and individual android applications are correct, but IPads are off by an hour. What can we do to fix this and is anyone else seeing the same problem?

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20775
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:32 pm

The calendar bases it's display on the time/time zone settings of the local machine. You might want to verify that both the time and the time zone are correct. Since daylight savings is not that far away, you might want to make sure the daylight savings setting for your iPad is correct.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

mmkids6
Member
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:23 pm
Location: Tremonton, Utah

Everything dealing with LDS.Org on IPads off by an hour

Postby mmkids6 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:27 pm

RussellHltn wrote:The calendar bases it's display on the time/time zone settings of the local machine. You might want to verify that both the time and the time zone are correct. Since daylight savings is not that far away, you might want to make sure the daylight savings setting for your iPad is correct.



Everything else is correct, but the LDS tools - odd... We have gone in and double checked again, and the settings are correct. What else can these individuals do? Are anyone else having the same problem?

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20775
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:18 pm

Oops. I has assumed you were talking about the calendar website, not the calendar though LDS Tools. It's still worth checking if you haven't already done so, but it may be a bug in the application.
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

mmkids6
Member
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:23 pm
Location: Tremonton, Utah

IPads off by 1 hour

Postby mmkids6 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:24 pm

RussellHltn wrote:Oops. I has assumed you were talking about the calendar website, not the calendar though LDS Tools. It's still worth checking if you haven't already done so, but it may be a bug in the application.


We have checked everything, so it must be a bug in the system. Can anyone check into this and let us know. Or give us some more ideas of how to fix this. It is very frustrating.

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20775
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:32 pm

Out of curiosity, does the problem start with events March 11 or later? (And events prior to that are fine?) That's when Daylight Savings starts in the US.
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

mmkids6
Member
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:23 pm
Location: Tremonton, Utah

IPad off by an hour

Postby mmkids6 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:55 pm

RussellHltn wrote:Out of curiosity, does the problem start with events March 11 or later? (And events prior to that are fine?) That's when Daylight Savings starts in the US.


Nope starts with earliest day. Really odd. When I update all in the past is gone with everything today and forward off by 1 HOUR. Time is set correct, DLS set correctly, and all else are fine.

jbh001
Community Moderators
Posts: 854
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:17 pm
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Postby jbh001 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:33 am

I had a similar issue with my iPhone after moving to a new time zone. The phone showed the correct time and date, because it was was getting that from the cellphone carrier. But all calendar events were showing up as though I had entered them in the old time zone. If I recall correctly, even calendar events synced from lds.org were off.

To fix this, I had to do the following: Tap the Settings icon; tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars; scroll down and tap Time Zone Support; set Time Zone Support to ON; tap Time Zone and then set it to the correct time zone for your location.

Perhaps something similar is happening with the affected iPads.

mmkids6
Member
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:23 pm
Location: Tremonton, Utah

IPAD off by an hour on all events.

Postby mmkids6 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:38 am

jbh001 wrote:I had a similar issue with my iPhone after moving to a new time zone. The phone showed the correct time and date, because it was was getting that from the cellphone carrier. But all calendar events were showing up as though I had entered them in the old time zone. If I recall correctly, even calendar events synced from lds.org were off.

To fix this, I had to do the following: Tap the Settings icon; tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars; scroll down and tap Time Zone Support; set Time Zone Support to ON; tap Time Zone and then set it to the correct time zone for your location.

Perhaps something similar is happening with the affected iPads.




Thanks for the help. I tried it and it didn't fix the problem. It is really odd - everything else has the right time except LDS Tools - crazy. I have tried deleting the app and reloading. Upon reloading it still shows everything off by an hour. Guess I'll just live with it and remember it is all shifted by an hour. By the way, March 11 has nothing to do with it - off by an hour before and after.

jbh001
Community Moderators
Posts: 854
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:17 pm
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Postby jbh001 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:30 pm

mmkids6 wrote:Thanks for the help. I tried it and it didn't fix the problem. It is really odd - everything else has the right time except LDS Tools - crazy.
When you check the calendar events directly from lds.org/church-calendar from various web browsers on different machines, are the event times also off by 1 hour?


Return to “Mobile Applications”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest