Email invitation icon doesn't work

Discussions about the desktop video conferencing solution provided by the Church

Moderators: MarchantRR, rodhyde

jes3614

Email invitation icon doesn't work

Post by jes3614 »

I have downloaded the latest version of Vidyo on my windows 8 laptop and when i go sign in, when I click on the Email icon nothing happens. Is there a solution to this problem. I have uninstalled it twice and re installed it. It still does the same thing.
swtbentley

Re: Email invitation icon doesn't work

Post by swtbentley »

The Email icon is supposed to take you to your default desktop-based email program (like Outlook). For the majority of the world without Outlook, that button is useless. Instead, you can install a Chrome extension to do email invites from Gmail or Google Calendar; that works well (available on the Vidyo site). You can also get the address (link) to your conference room and paste it into any email program. Easiest way to get that address: in PVC at the "My Contacts" screen, click on "My Room". Click on the gear icon in the resulting popup box (the box that says "Join Room"); that brings up another box which shows the room link -- copy it and paste it into emails. That link does not change (unless you choose to change it), so you could also copy it into a note file (like Evernote) to quickly get it without going through PVC again.

Return to “Personal Video Conferencing”