An upgraded version of Personal Video Conferencing (PVC) will be available on August 1, 2014. The upgrade offers a significantly updated user interface, and will also fix the compatibility issues with the mobile versions of PVC communicated on July 10, 2014.
If you haven't tried PVC for a while, check out this new version!
- New user interface for Windows and Mac is a stand-alone app, not browser based
- Guests can now join a PVC room on mobile devices
- Improved video quality – up to 1080p HD at 30 fps
- Improved audio quality
- Enhanced reliability and uptime
- Content sharing and annotation capability on mobile devices with VidyoSlate app
- Easily schedule and start a call using Lync and Outlook plug-ins (PC only)
- Call-in private group chat (PC and Mac only)
- Easier dial pattern to call conference rooms or video bridge numbers (for Church employees)
- No Flash player required
The new version of PVC will become available on Friday, August 1, 2014.
User Action Items — On or after August 1, 2014
Mobile device automatic updates
- In the previous email detailing the issues with PVC on mobile devices, users were encouraged to turn off automatic updates. Once the PVC upgrade has occurred, please turn automatic updates back on.
Uninstall the current PVC client (Windows users)
- Current Windows PC users will need to uninstall the PVC 2.2 client before downloading and installing the new 3.0.4 client:
- Go to Control Panel
- Click on Programs and Features
- Scroll down to VidyoDesktop 2.2.0
- Highlight it and click Uninstall or Change (depending on your version of Windows).
- Finish the uninstall process
- Mac users do not need to uninstall the old app first. The new app will install over the old one.
Install the new PVC app
- In a web browser, go to pvc.lds.org on or after August 1, 2014 and do the following:
- Click on the blue “Download Vidyo Client” button (while there, Windows PC users can easily download the Lync and Outlook plug-ins, as well as access help resources).
- This page will detect which type of device you're using to access the page and display the appropriate app to download.
- Download instructions will be on the page for Mac and Windows PC users. iOS users will be given a link to the iTunes App Store; Android users will be given a link to the Google Play Store.
- Follow this process on each device with PVC installed, including computers and mobile devices.
- A link to a series of training videos provided by the vendor can also be found on this page - click on the Vidyo Knowledge Center icon.
- Workforce users can click on the LDS Service Catalog icon for specific product info and training.
- Ecclesiastical leaders can click on the Meetinghouse Technologies icon for further info.
Start using the new PVC
- After installing the new Vidyo app from pvc.lds.org, you can launch the VidyoDesktop app directly, like you would any other app, without going to pvc.lds.org. There are several ways to launch the app:
- Windows users:
- Click on the Start button and look for VidyoDesktop, or, right-click on the Vidyo system tray icon and choose the desired function
- Mac users:
- Go to Applications
- Open the VidyoDesktop folder
- Click on VidyoDesktop
- Once opened, select "Keep in Dock," if desired, by right-clicking the app
- iOS and Android users:
- Launch the VidyoMobile app as you would any other app
- Windows users:
- When you first log in, fill in the following information:
- Portal: pvc.lds.org
- Username: your LDS Account username
- Password: your LDS Account password
- You are now ready to begin making PVC calls
Help and Resources
For additional help resources, go to pvc.lds.org.
For technical support, contact the Global Service Center: help.ldschurch.org.
The Digital Presentation Services Team
© 2014 by Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All rights reserved