PVC: How to Output Video from Laptop to TV

Discussions about the desktop video conferencing solution provided by the Church

Moderators: MarchantRR, rodhyde

mlh78

PVC: How to Output Video from Laptop to TV

Post by mlh78 »

This is what I want to accomplish; let me know if you have ideas:

Run video input from webcam to my laptop (which I will be using to take minutes, etc) and then export the video from the laptop (via HDMI) to a large television in the room, but without showing my screen (i.e., I only want to export the PVC video, not my screen full of notes.

Any ideas if this is possible?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: PVC: How to Output Video from Laptop to TV

Post by russellhltn »

Depends on the laptop. Most laptops can support a external monitor, but only some can treat it as a separate monitor.

I'd suggest trying it at home. Unless you can set up the HDMI output as a 2nd monitor and not as a slave to your screen, it's not going to work.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mlh78

Post by mlh78 »

russellhltn wrote:Depends on the laptop. Most laptops can support a external monitor, but only some can treat it as a separate monitor.

I'd suggest trying it at home. Unless you can set up the HDMI output as a 2nd monitor and not as a slave to your screen, it's not going to work.
I can treat it as a separate monitor, but not sure how to get just the video feed to go to it. Forgive me if this is just a random computer question and not a PVC question.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I've never used PVC myself, but I assume you just grab the app and drag it to the other monitor. (Usually the two monitors are connected as a single desktop - either to the side by side or above/below, depending on the settings.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

When you get into the meeting, the video is displayed in a window. Take the window and drag it over to the 2nd monitor and then make it a full screen.

Hope this helps.

Return to “Personal Video Conferencing”