PVC sign up issues (multple callings in MLS)

Discussions about the desktop video conferencing solution provided by the Church

Moderators: rodhyde, MarchantRR

nognielsen
New Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:54 am

PVC sign up issues (multple callings in MLS)

Postby nognielsen » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:40 am

Maybe this belongs more in the MLS forum... not sure.

So I'm the stake technology Specialist (in a Texas Stake) and I'm trying to get PVC access as I've been asked to get familiar with it. Everytime I go to sign up it rejects me as my calling doesn't warrant it... (Cub scout leader) So yes I have multiple callings. I watched the stake clerk put me in as Stake Technology specialist on the stake MLS computer... I called GSC and they told me to get the calling fixed? Can the ward clerk put in stake calllings in MLS?

So my question is, as I'm not very familiar with MLS, are their two sources of data here? One on the ward level and one on the Stake? Obviously the PVC authorization was checking the data in the MLS data my Ward keeps as I'm listed as a scout leader in the ward. Does one override the other?

A little confused...

Thanks!

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20726
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:51 am

nognielsen wrote:I watched the stake clerk put me in as Stake Technology specialist on the stake MLS computer.


Did he type in the name of the calling, (which would indicate a custom calling), or did he find the position and select your name? Only Standard positions are granted any kind of rights.

nognielsen wrote:Can the ward clerk put in stake calllings in MLS?


Not in any way that would help you here. If he did, it would be a custom calling.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1454
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:12 am
Location: Farmington, UT, USA

Postby jonesrk » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:18 am

RussellHltn wrote:
nognielsen wrote:I watched the stake clerk put me in as Stake Technology specialist on the stake MLS computer.


Did he type in the name of the calling, (which would indicate a custom calling), or did he find the position and select your name? Only Standard positions are granted any kind of rights.

This is the key. Currently you are in CDOL as a custom position. Have your stake clerk change it to the standard position 'Stake Assistant Clerk--Technology Specialist' under Stake Presidency and that should make it work. Note you will have to wait a day or so after your calling shows up in CDOL.
Ryan Jones
CDOL Developer
Stake Technology Specialist - Software / Stake Assistant Clerk
Former Ward Clerk


Return to “Personal Video Conferencing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest