Request for PVC usage scenarios

Discussions about the desktop video conferencing solution provided by the Church

Moderators: MarchantRR, rodhyde

rgme

Post by rgme »

Thanks, Kurt for the cart type. I looked at them, and they sure seem nice. The price might put those ones out of our budget. I like the idea of a LCD specific one, as opposed to the generic media cart that Lionel showed. I'm going to try to find something in between, cost-wise.

Thanks, Lionel, for the description. I think I'm going to get a Chat 50 for a small group meeting. It helps cut down the costs, but still allows a small meeting to take place. I imagine if we had a roomful of people (RS, HC room size) I would opt for the Chat 150.
brotherjjohnson

Post by brotherjjohnson »

This thread is exactly what I have been searching. Thanks to everyone for their equipment recommendations and experiences. The Oklahoma City Stake has been gradually transitioning over the past couple of years. We have been able to webcast a few stake conference meetings and various other stake meetings, but we have also had to do so on the very cheap. I hope to make some technology investments next year to enhance our overall experience.
We have been using WebEx for other training meetings and early morning seminary classes. I have been really anxious to try out PVC for the early morning seminary classes, but I have been concerned about the cost to the Church. We typically have 8-10 youth who participate everyday from various locations. Would this online seminary class be an acceptable use for PVC?
Thanks again for the input.
ksolsen
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by ksolsen »

We haven't formally announced online seminary classes as an official use-case for PVC, but there are a number of people using it that way. We're not really excited to grant teenagers with PVC accounts, but the instructor can have a PVC account, and invite the students as guests to the meeting room (how to do this is documented in the PVC wiki QA section). If the instructor does not have a calling that gives them rights to a PVC automatically, they can contact the Global Service Center and request an account by exception.
Kurt Olsen - Product Manager at Church HQ for Digital Presentation (Personal Video Conferencing, Meetinghouse Webcast, Conference Rooms, Video Conference Endpoints, Meetinghouse Digital Content)
heyring

Re: Request for PVC usage scenarios

Post by heyring »

I have tested PVC on a MacBook Pro laptop, but have not tested the CHAT® 150 | CHATAttach™ 150 USB microphone system with MAC OS. Is it MAC compatible?
talbotje

Re: Request for PVC usage scenarios

Post by talbotje »

heyring wrote:I have tested PVC on a MacBook Pro laptop, but have not tested the CHAT® 150 | CHATAttach™ 150 USB microphone system with MAC OS. Is it MAC compatible?
I can confirm that the CHATAttach 150 (and Chat 150) are Mac compatible. We've used that microphone setup with a Mac laptop with great success as well as with a Win7 HP laptop. Both systems worked "plug and play" without any software installation or configuration.

By the way, the CHATAttach 150 w/ 2 units covers our High Council room entirely with excellent sound reception.

Cary Talbot
Jackson, MS Stake

Return to “Personal Video Conferencing”