Deaf Units in Utah qualified to use PVC?

Discussions about the desktop video conferencing solution provided by the Church

Moderators: MarchantRR, rodhyde

Munrokrm

Deaf Units in Utah qualified to use PVC?

Post by Munrokrm »

Hello fellow LDS techies,

I serve as a branch clerk for the Ogden Valley Deaf Branch in South Ogden, UT. I am aware that the Church has, for good reason, excluded units based in Utah from using this service. However, our branch's geographic area is from Brigham City clear down to Kaysville, which spans about 40 miles from one end to the other.

To anyone who is familiar with the Church's internal PVC policy issues, I was wondering if you think the geographic size of our unit area might justify the authorization of our branch leadership to use PVC for our leadership meetings and some interviews (i.e., PPI's)?

Thanks,
Kent Munro
Branch Clerk
Ogden Valley Deaf Branch
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Take note of the wiki article Personal Video Conferencing policies and guidelines. In the Acceptable Use section it explains that you "may request an account on an exception basis by contacting the Global Service Center (GSC)."

I would think your situation would qualify for an exception.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Munrokrm

Post by Munrokrm »

Thanks for the AUP info. I will let the Branch Presidency know of this avenue.

Sincerely,

Kent Munro
ksolsen
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by ksolsen »

munrokrm wrote:Thanks for the AUP info. I will let the Branch Presidency know of this avenue.

Sincerely,

Kent Munro
Kent,

I am the product manager for PVC. I have actually been having extensive discussions with people at Church HQ about enabling PVC for deaf branch leadership. I am 100% in favor of those branches using PVC for communications. As JD suggested (thanks, JD!), please contact the Global Service Center and request a PVC account by exception. Feel free to mention that you have contacted me and I'm all in favor. Thanks.
Kurt Olsen - Product Manager at Church HQ for Digital Presentation (Personal Video Conferencing, Meetinghouse Webcast, Conference Rooms, Video Conference Endpoints, Meetinghouse Digital Content)
Munrokrm

Post by Munrokrm »

ksolsen wrote:Kent,

I am the product manager for PVC. I have actually been having extensive discussions with people at Church HQ about enabling PVC for deaf branch leadership. I am 100% in favor of those branches using PVC for communications. As JD suggested (thanks, JD!), please contact the Global Service Center and request a PVC account by exception. Feel free to mention that you have contacted me and I'm all in favor. Thanks.
Kurt,

Your support is greatly appreciated! I will discuss the use of PVC with my branch leadership this Sunday to see how they'd like to utilize this system for future meetings, and once they are on board with the idea, we'll contact GSC as you suggested.

Thanks,

Kent

Return to “Personal Video Conferencing”