Does Gospel Library use the internet?

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for all versions of Windows Phone.
J.M.11

Does Gospel Library use the internet?

Postby J.M.11 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:15 pm

I absolutely love using this app. I am able to reread all of my favorite Conference talks. but i am unsure if it uses the internet or not. I have a date package through verizon but it is somewhat limited. So i need to know if i should always use my wifi when i use this app or if it doesnt use the internet data at all. Thanks!

lajackson
Community Moderators

Postby lajackson » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:20 pm

J.M.11 wrote:I absolutely love using this app. I am able to reread all of my favorite Conference talks. but i am unsure if it uses the internet or not. I have a date package through verizon but it is somewhat limited. So i need to know if i should always use my wifi when i use this app or if it doesnt use the internet data at all. Thanks!

Gospel Library uses the Internet to download the latest information. But once you have downloaded the conferences, handbooks, guides, and/or manuals, you use it without any connectivity.

I turn WiFi off when I use it. If I have WiFi on and am in a WiFi zone, it will connect to check and see if there are any Library updates. And while it is doing that, I cannot use the library.

But other than to obtain the updates, it works well totally off line.

Return to “Windows Phone Gospel Library”