Windows Phone 7 apps (scriptures/lds tools)

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for all versions of Windows Phone.
dyarn

Post by dyarn »

Anyone have any idea what the status is on the Windows Phone LDS Tools app? It doesn't look like the Wiki page has been updated at all since Oct 9th last year. Can't find any information on the status for this app at all. I don't want to e-mail the devs directly because I'm sure they are hard at work, but I may not have a choice if I want to know what the status of the project is. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
sebastianfranz

Post by sebastianfranz »

captainsaopaulo wrote:There is a free scripture app for wp7 now called Standard Works if you are looking for something to hold you over till Gospel Library comes out.

i just looked for that and unfortunately it's not free ... i hope the church is working on the gospel library app because i would be happy to have the scriptures on my wp7!
dyarn

Post by dyarn »

I purchased the "Margins" app. It's an e-reader app with the scriptures and a few other books, but that's not really what I'm looking for. I want the full blown LDS Tools app which allows me to pull down the stake/ward directories, etc.., just like they have for iPhone and Android.
jopasmith

Post by jopasmith »

captainsaopaulo wrote:There is a free scripture app for wp7 now called Standard Works if you are looking for something to hold you over till Gospel Library comes out.
So ware we sure that there is a Gospel Library App coming out? I have only been able to find info on LDS Tools and The Mormon Channel apps.
jopasmith

Post by jopasmith »

So I just checked the individual projects and it looks like the Mormon Channel App is being set up to basically serve as the Gospel Library app allowing access to a lot of church materials in an offline mode. That project seems to have stalled, based on the number of issues yet to be resolved, but the LDS Tools App seems to be moving right along. Hopefully those folks will move over to the Mormon Channel App project when they're done.
dyarn

Post by dyarn »

Anybody have a clue where the Windows Phone 7 apps stand at this point? Here we are in mid-April and still no love regarding official Church apps! I've searched everywhere and it seems impossible ti get any word from the developers.
shanewalters

Not An Official Response, but Hopefully Insightful

Post by shanewalters »

Speaking from a WM6 background, there is a lack of developers. I'm the sole developer at this point for the WM6 Gospel Library project (very overwhelming in terms of getting things done within a reasonable timeline). We had a WP7 developer (for Gospel Library), but for whatever is no longer developing. I hope to button up a few loose ends with the WM6 project, and start next on WP7, but again, being the only developer for WM6, time slips away very easily.
dyarn

Post by dyarn »

Wow - I didn't know that there was only one developer. I guess I thought there was a whole team of people working on this. I'd love to help, but I haven't done any programming in a few years and my knowledge is pretty limited. Maybe I should look into learning how to program for WP7 and see if I can help out. Thanks for the reply.
JonathanAdams

Post by JonathanAdams »

I noticed on the wiki for wp7that the current status says that it's almost done. Any idea what exactly still needs to be done? I've done some wp7 developing and may be able to help. I'm primarily an electrical engineer, not a software developer, but I'm working on a few apps now as it is and may be able to contribute something useful depending on the complexity of what still needs to be done.
ransomv

Post by ransomv »

Is there a forum for Windows Phone 7 Gospel Library, or just this thread?

Return to “Windows Phone Gospel Library”