reference download not working

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for all versions of Windows Phone.
okamisan

reference download not working

Post by okamisan »

In the general conference talks, when you click on the reference and the download icon is next to the reference, it never downloads.
carsonm

Re: reference download not working

Post by carsonm »

Just to clarify, are you using a Windows 10 mobile, or a Window phone 8.1 smartphone? Also, are you using the Gospel Library or the Gospel Library Beta version? (Both are currently version 2.x) Can you attach a screen capture of what this looks like? My guess is that reference needs to be downloaded from within Gospel Library first.
ToManyLetters

Re: reference download not working

Post by ToManyLetters »

In the general conference talks, when you click on the reference and the download icon is next to the reference, it never downloads.
I'm not able to reproduce this issue. Is there a specific talk or session that you're encountering this problem? We've seen, for example, that the October 2007 conference is pretty much broken content, but that's not something we're able to fix as app developers. The internal content team will have to fix that particular issue.
My guess is that reference needs to be downloaded from within Gospel Library first.
This shouldn't be an issue--if he's having this problem in the Windows app and it's not related to content, it'd be an app bug and something we need to look at fixing. Gospel Library for Windows' reference pane recognizes when a piece of content isn't downloaded and indicates as such with a downward-facing arrow. If you tap that content, it is supposed to download it for you (then remove the arrow). Tapping it again should then open the reference.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10

Return to “Windows Phone Gospel Library”