No Music Notes!

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for all versions of Windows Phone.
lilldschick

No Music Notes!

Post by lilldschick »

I can't figure out how to see the actual sheet music for the hymns on my phone. The previous version of my gospel library had no issues, but after it updated I'm no longer able to see the music for the hymns and children's songs--only words. That's a big problem for me, as often I need to make arrangements and need to see the notes Im working with. Can you please fix this issue? I go into settings and it already says it's showing the notes, but it's obviously not. I'm not sure what to do about it.
ToManyLetters

Re: No Music Notes!

Post by ToManyLetters »

I'm not aware of any sheet music feature in the old version of the application. While we want to add in the feature for Windows Phones, limitations on Windows Phone 8.1 have so far made implementation impossible. We are hoping Windows 10 Mobile will remove this limitation. The sheet music view is available in the beta version of the app on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.

In the meantime, I would recommend downloading an app meant specifically for sheet music called Mormon Hymns, available on the Windows Phone Store. It is an unofficial app, but works quite nicely.

Also, the "show notes" toggle you've been enabling and disabling has nothing to do with sheet music. It literally shows or hides notes, as in notes a user writes into their scriptures or manuals.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10

Return to “Windows Phone Gospel Library”