Windows Phone Content Updates?

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for all versions of Windows Phone.
jkentner

Re: Windows Phone Content Updates?

Post by jkentner »

It seems like I read in some other posts that there is only one volunteer developer assigned to the Gospel Library app on WP. However, like what has been pointed out, there are a ton of people willing to help out on the platform. There seems to be a major lack of communication on this that needs to be fixed. As of the time writing this, General Conference has not been published from October. It is supposed to be published in 2-14 days after conference - https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... e?lang=eng
jkentner

Post by jkentner »

Read this page 18 post by jaycenornin. Not good, looks like Gospel Library on WP8 may have been set to "archive", which makes sense why there has been no activity. https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 88#p117488
jbostron

Post by jbostron »

Seems strange that the Ensign post September does not show up. I would expect this to be more of a feed rather than special formatting as the end result is just text. Just wondering if the feed was broken or if there is a lot more work involved? It would be nice to have an answer if something is just broken or if there is a bunch of formatting work.
jeffbarge

Post by jeffbarge »

So does anybody know what needs to happen to get the project reactivated (or un-archived, or whatever)? I know I at least would be happy to contribute - the state of the app itself is pretty sad. Same with Mormon Channel, which isn't even available to install on more recent versions of WP8.
msheets

Post by msheets »

This will probably be of great interest to everyone on this list. It is currently publically available, so I'm assuming that it is okay to share: https://tech.lds.org/blog/589-windows-8-gospel-library.
danwpulsipher

Post by danwpulsipher »

That presentation mentioned a team working on Windows Phone, but there is no update on the LDSTech site. Maybe it isn't public yet?
sir_hammer

Post by sir_hammer »

Like many here I have seen no updates to my WP8 device or to any of my Windows 8 computers. I was searching online for the cause of this problem and stumbled onto this thread. I have several family members and two friends who also have the same issue. What will it take to update the content in these applications? Like many others I would be willing to help.
BowmanDH

Post by BowmanDH »

Good News! We have had a major breakthrough and have updated content in English for the Windows Phone platform. We are working on other languages now.
leonardomaia

Post by leonardomaia »

I would like to know, when will be actualized the versions in Portuguese-Brazil, because it has errors on texts from The Liahona's january and february and 2013 october's conference.
Leonardo Maia
jkentner

Post by jkentner »

At the last LDS tech broadcast talking about the Windows 8 Gospel Library rewrite, they mentioned that they are rewriting for Windows Phone also. They alluded to the Windows version being out around General Conference time, and the WP version after that. Crossing my fingers!

Return to “Windows Phone Gospel Library”