App Confused on Chapter Switch (Windows 8)

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for all versions of Windows Phone.
ToManyLetters

App Confused on Chapter Switch (Windows 8)

Post by ToManyLetters »

Whilst this issue does not occur on my desktop running Windows 8, my tablet (and others, based on the reviews I've read for the app on the Windows Store) has an issue where, when I swipe to the next chapter in the app (say, for example, I am reading 2 Nephi 2 and swipe ahead to 2 Nephi 3), the app will perform the chapter-switching animation, and yo-yo back to the previous chapter, despite changing the chapter number in the very top of the app panel. After this occurs, the navigation pane typically locks-up and the app either freezes or crashes, as it pleases.

When can we expect a remedy for this app-crippling bug?
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: App Confused on Chapter Switch (Windows 8)

Post by jdlessley »

ToManyLetters wrote:When can we expect a remedy for this app-crippling bug?
This is a common question for bugs or problems asked in the forum. The common answer given is we don't know. The problem should be reported using the bug and problem reporting option found in the application help. We can discuss it in the forum but the likelihood the thread will be read by someone on the windows mobile develpment team is uncertain. Occassionally a team member may post a response. Since the development for the windows mobile development began there has been little in official responses in the forum from the development team.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

So what you're saying then is that there is absolutely no point in posting feedback of any sort for the LDS Gospel Library app for Windows 8 here on the forums?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ToManyLetters wrote:So what you're saying then is that there is absolutely no point in posting feedback of any sort for the LDS Gospel Library app for Windows 8 here on the forums?
No, there are certainly good reasons to post feedback here:
  • Others may chime in with similar experiences, which helps you understand whether this is a problem unique to you or widespread
  • Someone might share a workaround
  • If a developer does see this topic, a fuller discussion of the issue can be very helpful; it provides details and helps them see the magnitude of the problem.
JD was simply helping you to understand that there is no guarantee that a developer will see what you post here; if that's your goal, use the official communication channel. But you can help others in the community and others can help you if you post here.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

No, there are certainly good reasons to post feedback here:
•Others may chime in with similar experiences, which helps you understand whether this is a problem unique to you or widespread
•Someone might share a workaround
•If a developer does see this topic, a fuller discussion of the issue can be very helpful; it provides details and helps them see the magnitude of the problem.
JD was simply helping you to understand that there is no guarantee that a developer will see what you post here; if that's your goal, use the official communication channel. But you can help others in the community and others can help you if you post here.
Thanks for your reply. It was very disheartening to go through all the effort to create all these threads only to realise there may have been no point in it all. I'm in the process of assembling an email with all the bugs, suggestions, and ideas for features.

Return to “Windows Phone Gospel Library”