Feature Request: Semantic and Pinch Zooming (Windows 8)

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for all versions of Windows Phone.
ToManyLetters

Feature Request: Semantic and Pinch Zooming (Windows 8)

Post by ToManyLetters »

A feature currently missing in the Gospel Library app for Windows 8 are the two types of zoom standard throughout much of the operating system and in its apps.

The first type of zoom is pinch-to-zoom for increasing/decreasing text size of the content viewed by the operator of the app. The behaviour of this particular feature would be basically identical to how the feature works in the current version of the Kindle app for Android--the text adjusts its size and allows the user to better adjust the content to fit the screen without a whole lot of fuss or fighting through menus.

In direct relation to this is semantic zoom, which, when the user pinches-to-zoom all the way out of a content [or clicks the minus sign in the bottom-right corner of the app], would bring the user back to the overview of the content section they're in. If, for example, they're in the book of Mormon, it would zoom out to the Book of Mormon section Mormon with quick jump availability to access each of the chapters within the book and would also allow for accessing other books in the Standard Works by simply scrolling right/left.

Evidence of these semantic zoom levels existing is already evident in the app, as per the example below from the Children's Songbook. Adding this functionality would enhance the speed at which operators of the app are able to follow along in lessons.
Semantic Zoom.jpg
Semantic Zoom.jpg (59.71 KiB) Viewed 2244 times
Note: As per the LDS Tech Forum Code of Conduct and an amicably reached agreement with a community moderator, one of my previous threads has been broken apart. This is one of its pieces.
beccamo

Re: Feature Request: Semantic and Pinch Zooming (Windows 8)

Post by beccamo »

I agree that the zoom feature should be added, especially for the scriptures on both the phone apps and tablet apps. I've never been able to zoom in on any devices I've tried it on (phone & tablet). This feature would help many members who have failing eyesight (like my mom). Are there any plans to add the zoom feature? Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
ToManyLetters

Re: Feature Request: Semantic and Pinch Zooming (Windows 8)

Post by ToManyLetters »

This particular feature request was for Gospel Library for Windows, rather than Windows Phone, and is quite old, and is something that I suggested long before I became part of the team working on Gospel Library for Windows. The semantic zooming feature already exists in the beta version of the application, and, as an aid to your mother, the text size feature can be found in the settings. (Settings Icon >>> Text Size).
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10

Return to “Windows Phone Gospel Library”