Apps open and close

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for all versions of Windows Phone.
diosloco

Apps open and close

Post by diosloco »

I have an Windows Phone 7 on my HTC Trophy on Verizon. The LDS Gospel Library and LDS Tools used to work wonderfully on my phone. Now both apps go to the splash screen and then exit out.

Weird cause it only happens with both LDS apps and I haven't found any reports of this happening to anyone else. Have any of you heard of/seen this?

I've uninstalled/reinstalled multiple times, on different connections, and have gotten nowhere. Since apps should do a clean uninstall every time (right?), I'm not sure what else can be happening here. Any ideas? I want my scriptures and tools back.

Thanks!
rickdez

Post by rickdez »

My wife and I have had the same experience now for about the same time period. We became very dependent upon those tools; her as RS secretary and I as stake clerk. It would be wonderful if there is a setting or something that could be turned back on because we have used those apps daily for many months now.
KenRichins

Post by KenRichins »

I have windows Phone running on a Samsung Focus S and have NOT had any of the problems you mention. Have you done all updates for hardware and software first. Then uninstall the app and then reboot your phone with a hard off and then restart the download and install and see if that resolves your problem.
rickdez

Post by rickdez »

We have HTC Arrives running Mango 7.5 and have been running LDS Tools and Gospel Library flawlessly for about 3 months now. All of the sudden over the past two weeks neither will work. I have checked for updates, uninstalled both apps, done a complete power cycle including pulling the battery, reinstalled the apps and the LDS tools splash screen loads then pops right back to the tiles menu. I cant figure out what is going on...
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

rickdez wrote: All of the sudden over the past two weeks neither will work.

It would seem, then, that something changed about that time. Did your OS change? Were new versions of LDS Tools and Gospel Library released about that time? If you can relate one of those changes to around the time the trouble began, you may have an idea on how to proceed.

In either case, have you sent feedback to the developers telling them what has happened so that they are aware of the problem? They do not always haunt the Forum, although some of them do.

Return to “Windows Phone Gospel Library”