Tons of issues with beta

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for all versions of Windows Phone.
alexandergblack

Tons of issues with beta

Post by alexandergblack »

There are a ton of problems with the beta that I want to point out.
1. Scaling problems on larger screens.
2. Issues on phones with on-screen keys.
3. Constant crashing.
I'm using a 640 XL. If anyone can help me out thanks.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Re: Tons of issues with beta

Post by kisaac »

alexandergblack wrote:There are a ton of problems with the beta that I want to point out.
3. Constant crashing.
As you know, many of us here in the forum are just community members trying to help, and not church employees or software developers. If you need to give feedback to the developers, use the "submit feedback" button at the bottom of most LDS.org pages.
In your message, I sense frustration, but it's difficult for me to see the exact problems you are having, and without specifics, we may not be able to help. I encourage you to describe one problem per thread, and describe that problem in great detail, and tell us what you've tried and what didn't work like you expected, so somebody else with a similar situation might suggest a solution they have found. We have a great community here, ready to help.

kisaac
Community Moderator
LDSTech Forums
"A soft answer turneth away wrath" works great on LDSTech forum boards!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

If you are able, use the in-app feedback, rather than LDS.org feedback. That way the developers will get all of the technical information they need to work on the problem.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

alexandergblack wrote:There are a ton of problems with the beta that I want to point out.
3. Constant crashing.
I'm a member of the Gospel Library for Windows (and Windows Phone) team here. While the teams behind iOS and Android don't hang out here, we do. That said, if you're having issues, you'll need to be quite a lot more specific for us to track anything you've mentioned down.

What scaling problems? Do you have screenshots? Are there specific pieces of the UI that are too large or too small? Is it a consistent issue or does it only occur under certain circumstances?

What issue with on screen keys? Do you mean the on screen Windows Phone system keys or the in app navigation bar icons? What are the issues you are experiencing with these keys? Do you have a screenshot or screenshots? Is this a consistent issue or does it only occur under certain circumstances?

What crashing issues? When does the app crash? Do you have steps that would allow us to reproduce the crashing that you are experiencing? Do these crashes occur consistently?

You can see how more information is absolutely needed to even start looking at these issues. Bugs in an app as large as this one are like looking for a specific cut of diamond in a mountain range. Without a general idea of where to look, the chance that we'll randomly run into the same issues as you is, unfortunately, rather small.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10

Return to “Windows Phone Gospel Library”