bookmarks disappeared

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for all versions of Windows Phone.
phillipdhall

bookmarks disappeared

Post by phillipdhall »

The app has developed a new trick: Deleting bookmarks and history. Both are blank, and it seems no matter what I do to add new bookmarks, they won't save. I get no error or anything, the bookmark icon appears next to the verse, but bookmarks page is still blank. Anyone else?

I know us WP8.1 users are the itty bitty minority, and I am thrilled to hear the W8 PC app was released yesterday. Here is my one voice plugging for dev attention...

On Android, Gospel Library became my only medium for gospel study. It is one of my most commonly used apps. When I chose to switch to WP, I immediately noticed the huge inferiority of Gospel Library and almost returned the phone. Reading the promises for updates on the way, I chose to stick it out and am now stuck with my choice. Is there anything I can say or do to expedite the release of the rewritten WP app? I am not proficient at anything but scripting languages, but throw me some code and I'll see what I can do...

Thanks for y'all's support and hard work to make diligent scripture study a possibility on the go.
Last edited by aebrown on Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Replace escaped characters
ToManyLetters

Re: bookmarks disappeared

Post by ToManyLetters »

The team behind the Windows 8.1 application is the same one that is behind the upcoming Windows Phone application. Any development that happens for the Windows app is also development for the Windows Phone app. Sunday's release of the new Gospel Library is a very, very good thing.

As for "expediting" the new app. You can always join the project and throw a question or two at the project manager. Aside from that, the app is being developed--and it will be great when it's done. It just takes time to develop the app.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

As for the bookmarking issue:

We've run into people having this issue before. It's a peculiar one, but let's see if we can figure out what's going on.

First things first:
Have you signed into LDS.org to see if your bookmarks are still there? If you've been synchronizing with your LDS Account in Gospel Library, they should all be visible there.

Have you tried signing out and back in to your LDS Account on Gospel Library?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application to see if that will remedy the issue?

Let me know. Though we're working on a brand new app, this issue is severe enough that, if possible, we'd like to track this issue down.
phillipdhall

Post by phillipdhall »

Thank you so much, ToManyLetters! Your words are very encouraging!

I feel hugely sheepish because when I first got the windows phone, I searched online for how to sync the study notebook, and found recent posts explaining that there was no notebook sync until the rewrite. Or the limited support and issue with only being able to add, but not update bookmarks made me think I needed to wait. Bottom line, is I never synced.

I tried enabling sync, and my bookmarks remained blank (after waiting only 5 or so minutes). I discovered that attempts to highlight did generate an error "Failed to save notation to the database."

I uninstalled and reinstalled, enabled synchronization, and everything appears to be working. I even have synchronization that I've been complaining so hard about missing! Two issues resolved for the price of one!

Thanks again!
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

Glad I could be of help. Feel free to return here to these forums for future questions concerning Gospel Library.

Return to “Windows Phone Gospel Library”