HP Touchpad apps

Discussions around the WebOS (Palm Pre, Palm Pixi, HP Touchpad) versions of the Gospel Library application.
ljerryd

Beta tester

Post by ljerryd »

Just got my Touchpad yesterday. Would be glad to test the full screen version.
jasoraso

Post by jasoraso »

Would love to help test as well!
riceboyler

Post by riceboyler »

Would love to help test as well. I'm a developer on the Windows Phone side, so I have some background and knowledge in software testing. I've joined the project team as an observer.
glosito

Post by glosito »

Would love to be a beta tester also! Is there an SVN we can download and compile the ipk?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

glosito wrote:Would love to be a beta tester also! Is there an SVN we can download and compile the ipk?
Developer information for these projects is on the wiki at:
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
glosito

Post by glosito »

aebrown wrote:Developer information for these projects is on the wiki at:
The svn links are not working for the LDS Tools app. Would you know if and when they'll be up?

http://tech.lds.org/wiki/LDS_Tools_for_webOSWhen I try to access the links to download the source, I get the following error:
Access forbidden!

You don't have permission to access the requested directory. There is either no index document or the directory is read-protected.
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 403

dev.lds.org
Tue Aug 30 16:02:01 2011
Apache/2.2.14 (Linux/SUSE)

I've not had a problem in the past, nor with the scripture app. Unless of course, something has changed?
92slammer

Post by 92slammer »

there should be a popup where you would enter your user id and password...should be the same as your id for this site
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

92slammer wrote:there should be a popup where you would enter your user id and password...should be the same as your id for this site
Yes, that is how it should work, and does work for Gospel Library. But it doesn't work for LDS Tools. Either the URL is broken, or there's something wrong with the repository (or both -- changing code.lds.org to dev.lds.org makes a popup appear, but it won't authenticate me). But since I don't wok on that project, I don't know which.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
elmerohueso

Post by elmerohueso »

aebrown wrote:Yes, that is how it should work, and does work for Gospel Library. But it doesn't work for LDS Tools. Either the URL is broken, or there's something wrong with the repository (or both -- changing code.lds.org to dev.lds.org makes a popup appear, but it won't authenticate me). But since I don't wok on that project, I don't know which.
The LDS Tools for WebOS SVN isn't open to the public like the Gospel Library one is. Go to the Projects page, join the project as an observer, and email one of the Project Managers to give you access. You can then checkout and compile the code using the webOS SDK to create an installer for the current (TouchPad-optimized) build.
The Gospel Library for WebOS current SVN code is also optimized for the TouchPad (you just need to compile it).
glosito

Post by glosito »

elmerohueso wrote:The LDS Tools for WebOS SVN isn't open to the public like the Gospel Library one is. Go to the Projects page, join the project as an observer, and email one of the Project Managers to give you access. You can then checkout and compile the code using the webOS SDK to create an installer for the current (TouchPad-optimized) build.
The Gospel Library for WebOS current SVN code is also optimized for the TouchPad (you just need to compile it).

Thanks for the advice. I was unaware that LDS Tools was no longer open to the public. Just sent an email for access.

Return to “WebOS Gospel Library”