Gospel Library crashes when sync is turned on on iOS ver. 2.2.1

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
lapinsuo

Gospel Library crashes when sync is turned on on iOS ver. 2.2.1

Post by lapinsuo »

I am unable to synchronize between my iPad Gospel Library (old) and My Study Notebook. I turn the sync on and browse around for a bit, then close the program and reopen and it crashes. When I then reopen the program it tells me that the program crashed previously and that account sync has been turned off.

Is there a way I can save my annotations to My Study Notebook before I upgrade to the new universal version?

Thank you.
lapinsuo

Post by lapinsuo »

Same problem with the latest update (2.3) for the universal version of the Gospel Library. The problem seems to be with syncing from the church servers to iPad, but not the other way. Annotations made on the iPad move to My Study Notebook but not vice versa.
norgaards

Post by norgaards »

Only some of my notes, written in the Gospel Library on my iPad, and iPhone, are synced to my account on lds.org. When annotation sync is activated it runs very slow and it crashes all the time. Hoping for a fix and an update on this.

Thanks
John
marktsettle

Post by marktsettle »

Did anyone find a solution to this? I have the same issue. It used to work fine, but about a month ago it started saying it had crashed and it automatically turns off sync every time I start up Gospel Library. I haven't had any of the notes/markings from the iPad synced up to LDS.org since 9/3.

As a software developer myself, I'd love to help the responsible developers resolve this issue, if it takes putting a debug version or something on my machine. I've never worked with iOS apps myself, so I don't know what's possible in the way of providing diagnostics that will help resolve the issue.

Thanks!

Mark
davidweiss

Help us improve sync

Post by davidweiss »

Hi! I'm the head developer on the annotation sync stuff. We have made several sync fixes in the next release version 2.4. I know that doesn't help you get annotations from 2.2.1 (iPad old) to the server, but if I can be sure that 2.4 fixes the problems, then at least you can start fresh and be sure your data is safe. If you can help with this, I just need you to join the Gospel Library for iOS project and send me email once you've joined, then I'll send you instructions for getting the beta.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”