Sync Between iPhone, iPad and lds.org?

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
shorschel

Post by shorschel »

I updated to iOS 5 and the sync functionality did not disappear...

I did find that if you highlight using the underline marker @ lds.org on the iphone it shows up as highlighted & underlined (lds.org it's just underlined). Also you can only underline in red on lds.org but in the GL app you can underline in any color. I would like to have consistency between the "apps" so that my scriptures look and feel the same weather I'm studying on a mobile device or on my PC...
norgaards

Post by norgaards »

oculoman wrote:This functionality did exist but when I updated to iOS 5 the syncing between my devices and lds.org disappeared. I suspect this was not a coincidence.
It also crashed and didn't sync on my iPad/iPhone, before the IOS 5 update.

John
aldraper

I'm Lost

Post by aldraper »

It is my understanding that the annotation I make on my iPad are to sync with lds.org. But nothing I have marked up on my iPad is reflected in my study journal. I have also tried in reverse and the markup does not appear on my iPad. Is this the expected result?
djdinut1

Gospel Library sync with lds.org not working

Post by djdinut1 »

Since the latest Gospel Library update this week, neither my iPad nor my iPhone will sync withlds.org
Naf623

Post by Naf623 »

shorschel wrote:I would like to have consistency between the "apps" so that my scriptures look and feel the same whether I'm studying on a mobile device or on my PC...
I believe this is the idea: it is exactly what I would like also, and believe that the most recent release is supposed to accomplish this.
However this:
djdinut1 wrote:Since the latest Gospel Library update this week, neither my iPad nor my iPhone will sync withlds.org

Is precisely what I am seeing also.
Before the latest update if sync was turned on when the app started, it crashed and turned sync back off 'for me'. Now the app does not crash (thank goodness) but it does not seem to synchronise either. Even when I press 'Sync Now', nothing happens.

EDIT: I take it back: all of my annotations, links etc.etc. are properly synchronised with My Study Notebook at lds.org. It's just that what I have done on my iPad isn't synchronised with my iPhone, nor vice versa. Plus neither device knows that it has correctly synchronised: still lists 7 and 23 changes still to synchronise.
AlexanderMRouse

Post by AlexanderMRouse »

Did you manage to resolve this? My iphone will synchronise with lds.org, insofar as annotations on the iphone are added to My Study Notebook, however this doesn't happen the other way and so notes made on lds.org are not transferred to my phone.
djdinut1

Post by djdinut1 »

My iPad is syncing with lds.org but not my iPhone 4S and it hasn't for a month. Nothing I highlight on the iPhone gets to lds.org and nothing done on lds.org gets to my iPhone. I have signed in and out of my lds.org account several times and turned Annotation Sync on and off on the iPhone several times as well, all without results. The iPhone Gospel Library sync window indicates "17 changes pending since last successful sync at Dec. 31, 2000 5:00:00 PM."
Naf623

Post by Naf623 »

My iPad and iPhone 4 (not the S, more's the pity lol) both synchronise notes they have made to the online My Study Notebook on lds.org, but still nothing comes the other way. Was this supposed to happen only this way and the other direction is still in development?
magilmour

Post by magilmour »

Hi All, Can you assist. My iPad seems to have been syncing up till 6th December but it still says that there are 452 annotations pending, even though there are probably only 20-30 since 6th December. Any Suggestions?
Thanks
mmacconnell

Post by mmacconnell »

Mine was working fine until today. My iPhone shows it has synced fine but my iPad is show the last secessful sync was Dec 6th, but it does have everything from yesterday that my iPhone has. I even logged out and back in on both devices, but the iPad only gets the information my iPhone synced two days ago.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”