Can't open Gospel Library app

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
griffinpope

Re: Can't open Gospel Library app

Post by griffinpope »

Same problem here. Brand new iPad for my Father in law, right after telling him it’s so much better than Kindle which also doesn’t work. Sounds like only solution posted so far is just keep trying?
brad.dillman

Post by brad.dillman »

I just got the fire kindle and it wouldn't open for me. What i did was i went to my permissions settings and selected the gospel library app and allowed all permissions to be turned on..I then clicked on the app again and it opened up...try that
abujnowski

Post by abujnowski »

When my library gets to a point where it crashes over and over again upon opening, I have to close down all applications I have open (including Gospel Library), then try to re-open it. At this point, it will open properly. Then I can re-open other apps. This is especially true on my iPad Pro (11 inch, 2018 model).
FayeKoreen

Post by FayeKoreen »

You can try to turn off your wifi/any internet connection and then open the gospel library app until it will be open and there’s a “try to connect with internet" then turn on your wifi again viola it works for me, hopefully yours too God blessed!
vbongioanni

Post by vbongioanni »

FayeKoreen wrote:You can try to turn off your wifi/any internet connection and then open the gospel library app until it will be open and there’s a “try to connect with internet" then turn on your wifi again viola it works for me, hopefully yours too God blessed!
This is the first suggestion that worked on my 2018 iPad Pro. Worked like a charm!
jhirsc

Post by jhirsc »

vbongioanni wrote:
FayeKoreen wrote:You can try to turn off your wifi/any internet connection and then open the gospel library app until it will be open and there’s a “try to connect with internet" then turn on your wifi again viola it works for me, hopefully yours too God blessed!
This is the first suggestion that worked on my 2018 iPad Pro. Worked like a charm!
This worked great for me! Turning off WiFi was the key! Thank you
missmargaret58

Post by missmargaret58 »

Bless you for this suggestion! After trying all night after I had to replace my phone and move everything, this is what finally worked for me. Thank you, thank you!
macanjan

Post by macanjan »

I'd like to add my thanks to FayeKoreen for this suggestion which has two great merits - 1. It is simple to understand 2. It works !!
This deserves greater publicity than the end of a forum thread discussion, and would probably save quite a few phone calls to tech support.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

macanjan wrote:I'd like to add my thanks to FayeKoreen for this suggestion which has two great merits - 1. It is simple to understand 2. It works !!
This deserves greater publicity than the end of a forum thread discussion, and would probably save quite a few phone calls to tech support.
The is a user-to-user discussion, self help, and support forum. We are happy a user has identified a temporary workaround for the issue. The structure of the forum does not provide any means to give greater publicity to a single post within a thread. It is up to the forum users to search issues of interest. In the end we expect issues such as this to be investigated by the developers and the issue resolved without a protracted need to rely on workarounds. We continually recommend forum users to report issues such as the one in this thread using the official channels. In this case that is through the Send Feedback link found in the app since there is no tech support telephone number available for Gospel Library.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
GeneBlatter

Post by GeneBlatter »

Dad's iPad, a few years old was having this problem, turning off the wifi as described above was the key. Thanks so very much. Now I will see if it will work for my Motorola Xoom also

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”