Latest Issues

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
craiggsmith

Latest Issues

Post by craiggsmith »

I experience the choppy scrolling issue today, and it appears I'm not alone; I've reported it via the feedback. I haven't noticed the slow performance that has also been reported but I assume they're related.

I initially thought it was because I updated to iOS 12.2, not realizing the app updated to 5.2 at the same time. But I noticed my wife's phone doesn't have the issues, and she is on 12.2 and 5.2 also. She has an xR, I have a 7.

So those of you who are experiencing problems, what OS and what phone/tablet do you have?
Craig
South Jordan, UT
JPage

Re: Latest Issues

Post by JPage »

I'm getting the slow, choppy scrolling with version 5.2.0 of the app on an iPhone X running iOS 12.2
schufty

Post by schufty »

I’m running 5.2.0 on an iPad Air with iOS 12.2. I’m getting choppy scrolling in content (scriptures, conf talks, manuals, etc), but scrolling the sidebar (footnotes, notes, etc) works fine.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Gospel Library 5.2.1 for iOS was just released today, which should fix the scrolling problem.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
rickysbrown

Post by rickysbrown »

With 5.2.1 I cannot open the gospel library at all...using iPad with 12.2
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

rickysbrown wrote:With 5.2.1 I cannot open the gospel library at all...using iPad with 12.2
What happens when you try to open it? Does it load the splash screen with the Moroni?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Katelynn.McIntyre

Post by Katelynn.McIntyre »

sbradshaw wrote:
rickysbrown wrote:With 5.2.1 I cannot open the gospel library at all...using iPad with 12.2
What happens when you try to open it? Does it load the splash screen with the Moroni?

Good
I am experiencing a similar problem running latest software on iPad Air. Installed gospel library but when I open it it only gives me the splash screen for a couple of seconds and then goes to iPad home screen. The app remains open in the background but unable to launch it. Please assist.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

The update fixed it on my phone.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
jarishansen

Post by jarishansen »

Still experiencing very choppy scrolling here. Running 5.2.1 on iPad iOS 12.2. Particularly bad whenever there are multiple marks/notes on a page.
rpeatros

Post by rpeatros »

Just purchased a new ipad air with 12.2 OS and successfully installed several apps, including LDS Tools. I attempted to install Gospel Library (version 5.2.1). The icon with Moroni appears on the screen, but when I attempt to open it the Moroni splash screen appears for a few seconds and then the screen returns to home. But the app still appears as being open in the background. If I open and close a couple of times a horizontal bar sometimes appears across the Moroni splash screen with this message "Updating Gospel Library". What is going on?

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”