No longer able to download Gospel Library app

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
jstrahl

No longer able to download Gospel Library app

Post by jstrahl »

My iPad is iOS 9.3.5 and Gospel Library had been working ok (slow but still working) . I noticed that I could not download April 2019 General Conference, so I decided to reinstall....big mistake. Now I cannot download Gospel Library at all. Help!! Is there anything I can do. My iPad won't support any newer version of iOS.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: No longer able to download Gospel Library app

Post by sbradshaw »

If you've downloaded Gospel Library while signed into your Apple ID before, you should get a message that says "Download an older version of this app? The current version requires iOS 10.0 or later, but you can download the last compatible version."
Do you get a message when you try to download the app?
Attachments
IMG_0066.PNG
(246.54 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
livingston_d_2000

Post by livingston_d_2000 »

My sister in law had the exact same problem. The message she gets is unable to purchase, gosepel library is not compatible with this iPad. We don’t get any message to download older versions.
hancockcindykay1

Post by hancockcindykay1 »

I also have this problem and it does not give the option to down load older version. I love gospel library and wish I hadn't deleted it
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Try going to the "Purchased" tab of the App Store, and tapping the download icon next to Gospel Library there – does that let you download it? It should let you download Gospel Library 4.4.0, if you have iOS 9. After installing Gospel Library 4.4.0, you may need to force close and reopen the app to get the latest catalog, before it will let you download books.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
tebrian

Post by tebrian »

I also had the same problem. I have an older IPad 9.3.5. I did get gospel library downloaded on my IPad but it will not update with conference talks April 2019. Are updates not going to be available for 4.4.0 anymore? If I want to get the latest content will I need to buy a new IPad?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

tebrian wrote:Are updates not going to be available for 4.4.0 anymore?
According to the Supported Android versions for Gospel Library, it doesn't look like it. (Versions are generally in step between the two platforms.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
growmp

Post by growmp »

I also deleted the app because I couldn't get April 2019 GC. I did find this forum, and followed what SBradshaw recommended:

"Try going to the "Purchased" tab of the App Store, and tapping the download icon next to Gospel Library there – does that let you download it? It should let you download Gospel Library 4.4.0, if you have iOS 9. After installing Gospel Library 4.4.0, you may need to force close and reopen the app to get the latest catalog, before it will let you download books."

It is important to NOT click on Gospel Library and then try to click on the download icon, that won't work. You have to click on the download icon NEXT to Gospel Library. It just finished downloading, but so far I only have up to Oct 2017 GC. Hopefully it will update between now and church tomorrow, but it looks like I will need to get a newer tablet if I want the most recent GC.
Hope this helps!
martsyg

Post by martsyg »

I have the same problem. Deleted the app because I couldn't get April 2019. Now can't download new app because my iPad is not compatible. Nothing comes up telling me that I candolnload an earlier version.
binogore

Post by binogore »

I have the same problem. 2019 GC wasn't there and my app was "up-to-date" so I deleted it thinking I could reinstall. There is no option to download previous version. And yes, I tried going through "purchased" and still get the same road block, "unable to download." How is it this hasn't been fixed?

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”