Study Plans functionality with the update to version 5.2.1 11052

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
markojarvis

Study Plans functionality with the update to version 5.2.1 11052

Post by markojarvis »

I LOVE the Study Plans feature of the Gospel Library app, but with today's update, the page has lost functionality. Yesterday, when I would load the page on my iOS device, the page would auto-scroll to the day's reading assignment. Today, it loads to the top of the screen, so you have to scroll down through months and months of completed assignments. With a laggy screen and little momentum/inertia in the scrolling, this gets very tedious.

Is there a way to restore the previous functionality in this regard?
markojarvis

Re: Study Plans functionality with the update to version 5.2.1 11052

Post by markojarvis »

p.s. Even worse, if you open another tab/page and then return to the Study Plans tab/page, it again defaults to the top of the screen, so you have to scroll-scroll-scroll-scroll-scroll-scroll-scroll-scroll-scroll-scroll-scroll-scroll-scroll-scroll-scroll again each time you return to the screen.
markojarvis

Post by markojarvis »

Follow-up: It looks like if I close the app and THEN go to the Study Plans page, it will auto-scroll to where I left off.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest you use the feedback in-app to report it to the developers. There's no guarantee this thread will get to them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
markojarvis

Post by markojarvis »

Will do. Thanks.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Study Plans functionality with the update to version 5.2.0 11052

Post by sbradshaw »

I couldn't reproduce the problem where the study plan doesn't scroll down to the next reading segment. (I assume it's 5.2.0 11052, which is the build that was just released, that you're using – as opposed to 5.2.1.) You mention that it scrolls correctly after you close and reopen the app – do you have a consistent process to make it get into the state where it doesn't scroll correctly? Is it right after you opened a new screen, or followed a bookmark, or pressed the back button? Did you get to the study plan by navigating in from the main library? Or by tapping the reminder notification? I agree that the list isn't scrolling very smoothly...
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
markojarvis

Post by markojarvis »

You are correct about the build number. (Note that I put that in the Subject line.)

I reported the issue through the app itself and received a recommendation to Force Quit the app when the problem occurs. That solution works, but you have to Force Quit every time you return to the Study Plans screen. I've created a short video of the user experience here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oGgcvH ... sp=sharing.

Note that if you go directly to the Study Plan screen, it functions as intended, auto-scrolling to the current reading assignment. However, if you change tabs and then return to the Study Plan screen, it defaults to the Day 1 view (in the video, to the January 1st assignment). Force Quitting is then the only way that I've found to get the auto-scrolling feature back.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Interesting, the video is helpful. Does it only happen when you switch screens to a screen with a study plan, then? Or is it also if you navigate into a study plan from the main library? There was an app update that went out a few minutes ago (Gospel Library 5.2.1 11063). Does the same problem still occur after updating?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
markojarvis

Post by markojarvis »

The update fixed the problem. Thanks for letting me know about that!

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”