Syncing iPhone and iPad in gospel library

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
hatchjill

Syncing iPhone and iPad in gospel library

Post by hatchjill »

I am having trouble syncing my iPhone and iPad in gospel library. I have signed out and back in on both devices and that didn’t work. I’m hoping someone can help me out with this. Would help to delete the app and reinstall?
kellymab

Re: Syncing iPhone and iPad in gospel library

Post by kellymab »

I've had recent problems with this too. When you are done using the app on a device, force close the app. Do not let it run in the background. The sync function of failing to occur at regular intervals except when you first open the app. When the app closes, it will sync with the servers. It sometimes takes me a time or two of force closing the app before any changes on my opposite device. I've submitted a ticket for this last week, but I would encourage you to also send feedback via the app so they know that more than one user is having the same issue.
galorath

Post by galorath »

the latest beta seems to have mostly solved this issue.
waynerm

Post by waynerm »

It would be nice to have a "sync now" button but for now, as mentioned, the easiest way to to close (kill) the app and restart it. So far it has worked for me every time on two iPhones and one iPad. The beta Gospel Library app for the PC also only syncs when it is started up.
shawn95id

Post by shawn95id »

Can someone tell me why there is not a “sync” button or function in the gospel library app? Pretty frustrating when the app on my iPad says “last synced 3 days ago” and there’s nothing I can do to force it to sync right now. If I sign out and sign back in I lose all of the latest bookmarks and things I’ve done on my iPad since it last synced (learned that the hard way recently). I see I’m not the first to suggest it, just seems like a no-brainer to have that option like every other app out there has these days.
chrisdolanchurch@gmail.com

Post by chrisdolanchurch@gmail.com »

Please make syncing easier
hatfieldr

Post by hatfieldr »

Can't synce my 3rd generation I-pad to 2020 gospel library. We're teaching ctr7. Any advise on downloading 2020 come follow me. Bob
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

hatfieldr wrote:Can't synce my 3rd generation I-pad to 2020 gospel library.
What version of iOS and Gospel Library?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wedington

Post by wedington »

Help with sync of gospel library bookmarks between my iPad Pro 10.5 and iPhone 7+, both with current iOS versions installed
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

hatfieldr wrote:Can't synce my 3rd generation I-pad to 2020 gospel library. We're teaching ctr7. Any advise on downloading 2020 come follow me. Bob
The latest version of iOS the 3rd-generation iPad runs is iOS 9. The latest version of Gospel Library that supports iOS 9 is Gospel Library 4.4.0. Gospel Library 4.4.0 stopped receiving content updates in March 2019, so you won't be able to get the latest general conferences or manuals through the app – you'll need to use the website instead (Study.ChurchofJesusChrist.org).
wedington wrote:Help with sync of gospel library bookmarks between my iPad Pro 10.5 and iPhone 7+, both with current iOS versions installed
Are you signed in with your Church Account on both devices, under Gospel Library settings?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”