Notebook entries erased

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
tjbjohn2

Notebook entries erased

Post by tjbjohn2 »

I know that I am way late on trying to fix this but when an update happened in December of 2016 and my IOS notebooks entries were gone I did not realize that I could just click on the … and restore them. I did not do that and now the only option is to delete. Is it still possible to get these notes back or is it gone for good? Thanks in advance!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Notebook entries erased

Post by sbradshaw »

There is a "Restore Journal" option in Gospel Library for Android, since the December 2016 update (Gospel Library 4). It's accessed using the "..." menu on the top right. Is that what you're talking about?

Restore Journal is a feature that gathers all of your notes that are 1) not associated with a highlight and 2) not currently in a notebook, and puts them in a new notebook called "Journal." This was only implemented on Android, because Android previously had a "Journal" filter that allowed users to see these notes in one place. The feature doesn't restore deleted notes – it only gathers together unassociated notes from the "All" bucket, and assigns them to a new notebook.

If you are missing notes on iOS, I'd recommend scrolling through Notes > All and seeing if you can find them there. If notes went missing from a notebook because of a hiccup during an app update, it's likely that they are still there – somewhere in All.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”