Crashing

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
nomtchairs

Crashing

Post by nomtchairs »

after updating the app on BOTH my ipad air and iphone 6s yesterday I can't open the app.
The black screen with angle moroni comes up for several seconds then just exits.

long story:
yesterday I tried to get into my notes (on iphone) where the app froze. I could not get back out of notes. After several minutes of it frozen I completely turned off the app. and reopened it to the same problem. so I updated the app. seemed ok, got into notes - again- froze in notes. someone suggested removing app and reinstalling which I did. sadly then I lost all the screens I had up to read later :( anyway it did open, I go into my notes - same thing - frozen. so I go to my ipad to try. go into my notes- same thing. closed all the way out and now it crashes upon opening.

checked my ios updates. Ipad needed to be updated so I did that update then checked gospel library- still crashes upon opening.
checked my iphone ios it was already up to date.

I use this app all day every day. Please help.
nomtchairs

Re: Crashing

Post by nomtchairs »

after updating the ios on my ipad and finding he app still crashing I uninstalled the app again and reinstalled
it opened and synced BUT then I went into my notes, found the notebook I wanted to open, clicked on it and nothing happened. We are frozen again! same as before.
Closed the app down and we are back to the black screen angel Moroni for a few seconds then crash.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

What version of iOS do you have installed on your iPad Air and iPhone 6s (you can check in iOS Settings > General > About)?
What version of Gospel Library do you have installed on each device (did you install it directly from the App Store when you deleted and reinstalled)?

Do you have a lot of things open at once? You can free up some memory by double-tapping the home button and swiping closed all of your running apps.

Are you running low on device storage space?

Are you connected to a good internet connection while it's trying to sync?

It's possible that there's a corrupted annotation of some sort (maybe a highlight with the invalid start and end points, or a tag that didn't get saved completely), that's causing the app to choke when syncing or displaying your annotations.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
nomtchairs

Post by nomtchairs »

Iphone 6S version 10.3.3 - storage space available 1.39GB
Ipad version 10.3.3 - storage space available 2. 88GB
Gospel library version can't tell you...it crashes upon opening...however I did delete and reinstall so it should be the most up to date.
All other apps are closed and only trying to open gospel library

interesting that it is happening on two different devices.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Good point, since it's happening on both devices it's likely something with your account or with specific annotations that are having trouble.

At this point, I'd suggest sending an email to the iOS Gospel Library support team. Sending feedback through the app is normally the best option, since it attaches basic device info, but since you can't get into the app you can email them directly: gospelstudyapp@gmail.com (that's the email address that iOS Gospel Library uses for in-app feedback).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
nomtchairs

Post by nomtchairs »

So I uninstalled and reinstalled for the 4th time on my ipad.
And my iphone same thing happens as before.

I uninstalled and reinstalled. Everything worked UNTIL I went to the notes, Sorted by name, now it is frozen on that screen. I tap on one of the notebooks….nothing. arrow back….nothing. click on Notes to go back to the library.,… nothing
Close out of the app and come back in it freezes on the black screen and Moroni a few seconds then crashes.

I wrote to the email you gave yesterday before turning to this forum. I will write them again and give the link to this thread.
Thanks for trying to help
nomtchairs

Post by nomtchairs »

This is still crashing. If I delete the app and reinstall it will work up until I need to access my NOTES. When I access my notes it freezes and won't open the desired note. Then after a few minutes I close all they way out to see if I can refresh it and it only opens to the black screen with gold moroni for a few seconds then disappears.
I've tried to write to the gospelstudyapp.@gmail.com on August 23 and got no reply. Can someone pleas help with this?
thomasvanleeuwen

Post by thomasvanleeuwen »

My app crashes every time I open it. It worked perfectly fine until I tried to open some old notes. Please fix
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Just so everyone understands, this is a user-to-user forum, _not_ an official help/support request channel. It's not very likely that posts here will be seen by someone in a position to be able to help or solve the problems. Please use a feedback, help request, or support request link or button in the app or on a related page or screen.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

thomasvanleeuwen wrote:My app crashes every time I open it. It worked perfectly fine until I tried to open some old notes. Please fix
For those like thomasvanleeuwen who may not be able to send a message from within the app due to the app crashing upon opening it, you may send a message directly to the development team by sending an email as described in the Wiki article Support for Gospel Library iOS.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”