Handbook 1 no longer in gospel library?

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
jeffhancock

Re: Handbook 1 no longer in gospel library?

Post by jeffhancock »

I'm having the same problem. Same version of Gospel Libary - 4.1.0 10078 on both IPhone and iPad. Handbook 1 shows on the iPhone, but not on the iPad despite multiple tries at deleting the app, reinstalling, rebooting etc.
samuel.gilkes

Post by samuel.gilkes »

Me too. I have signed out and tried reinstalling the app twice to no effect. I just bought my iPad yesterday so I can't say that it was there before, but it is on my iPhone and I am logged into both with the same account.
mks84

Post by mks84 »

sbradshaw wrote:
mks84 wrote:I'm a Ward Clerk and have had the same problem for about 2 weeks. I've signed out and back in several times. I've deleted the app several times from my iPhone. All to no avail. I recently contacted support and they told me to re-try these troubleshooting options. Sadly nothing changed. I'm waiting for the kind sister to respond with more options for possible fixes. The same thing happened to my iPad a few weeks back, but signing out and back in restored HB1. Has anyone found any fixes?
Do you have the same version of Gospel Library on your iPad and your iPhone (you can check in Settings)?
I have Version 4.1.1 10088 on my iPhone. I should note that I help with the test releases for iPhone. I first noticed the problem on my iPhone when I updated through TestFlight a few weeks ago. When the troubleshooting tips didn't work, I then deleted the app and downloaded the App Store version. The same problem carried over. So, I've now gone back to the test version 4.1.1 10088, which was released June 14. I hoped it would include a bug fix, but HB1 still doesn't appear.

My iPhone is running iOS 10.3.2. My iPad is a 3rd gen so it runs iOS 9 (not sure exactly which one) and I don't know which GL version it is currently running, but I know it is the most-recent version from the App Store.
looking4them

Post by looking4them »

Ward Clerk here and I don’t have access to Handbook 1 anymore. I’ve reinstalled and no luck. I filed a bug report.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Same issue, but after syncing Handbook 1 has reappeared.

I’ve seen this issue before, especially after an app update and can take several tries before it reappears. As luck would have it, I sent in app feedback and I went back to Leadership and there it was!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

looking4them wrote:Ward Clerk here and I don’t have access to Handbook 1 anymore.
I have found that when there are updates to Gospel Library, Handbook 1 sometimes disappears for a short time. I also have found from experience that when you first install GL (or remove and reinstall), H1 does not appear at first. You have to get GL loaded, you have to get signed in, and then GL has to realize that your calling allows you access to that Handbook. Only then will it download it for you.

I received major content updates to GL on Saturday evening. Most of the ward received them, or tried to, during Church today. For me, Handbook 1 disappeared after the updates, but is already back again, although it is still trying to download once more.

Even though H1 disappears from time to time, my bookmarks do stay in place, and when the content appears, they all work again. They always have in the past.

I love and have bookmarked several scriptures about weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth. I show them to members on days like today and suggest that they open GL every Saturday evening to get that blue bar out of the way. In elders quorum today, I told the instructor I could turn off the WiFi for him if he thought it would help. When I do that, I am able to tell by the reaction how many in the meeting understand how things really work.

And we are still friends.

What I really want is the entire first volume of Saints, The Story of the Church, that has been promised on Tuesday. I only have the first seven chapters so far that have arrived monthly since February, and would probably stay up all night to read the rest of them when they arrive.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”