D&C Teacher's Manual missing

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: D&C Teacher's Manual missing

Post by sbradshaw »

npk_techguy wrote:Why is there a difference between the teaching content on LDS.org and on the iPad?

For example, Lesson 3 in the DC Teacher's Manual on LDS.org contains the following bullet in the Preparation section:

3. To gain a greater understanding of historical events related to the doctrine in this lesson, consider reviewing the following:
a. “The First Vision: A Narrative from Joseph Smith’s Accounts.”
b. “First Vision Accounts.”
c. “Preparation of Joseph Smith: The First Vision.”
d. Additional historical material for this lesson.

However the Gospel Library version doesn't. I even removed the teachers manual from my library and added it again. No change.

I realize that these would be links outside of Gospel Library, but still. If I didn't happen to look on LDS.org I would have never seen them. Great material for teaching.
In general, the content should be the same. This would be a good thing to report to the content team using in-app feedback.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sbradshaw wrote:In general, the content should be the same.
The content in question does appear in Android GL, so I wonder if it is just an iOS thing? Or is it possible that this was one of the items that was missing or broken from content and it has taken longer to get to the end of some rows than others?
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

lajackson wrote:
sbradshaw wrote:In general, the content should be the same.
The content in question does appear in Android GL, so I wonder if it is just an iOS thing? Or is it possible that this was one of the items that was missing or broken from content and it has taken longer to get to the end of some rows than others?
It's a possibility iOS (or at least the iOS version of the app) is the culprit here, as Windows also shows the content missing on iOS.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
janhamon

Post by janhamon »

jmjepp wrote:Does this mean I do not have to teach Sundat LOL
I still don't have it on my iPad . My husband has it on his iPad and his android phone. Still no doctrine and covenants teachers Manu
dapeodee

Post by dapeodee »

I too am a gospel doctrine teacher. Earlier today I saw the new format for the lesson. It was much easier to read and follow. However, when I returned tonight it was gone! Help a sister. . . Give me back my android lesson manual.
BTW if you could make it easier to differentiate between the teachers manual and the student's study guide that would be great too!
eshultz

Post by eshultz »

As I was preparing my Gospel Doctrine lesson last night I found that I could no longer highlight parts of the lesson on my iPad. Also, I can write a note but the icon in the lesson disappeared for it. I use these features a lot. Are they going to be restored? Soon I hope!

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”