Deleting a Highlight

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
devanbradshaw

Re: Deleting a Highlight

Post by devanbradshaw »

On v 4.0.5 I learned that to delete a highlight or text underline I had to single tap on said text once, not select it, then any formatting you've done will appear, select the one you want to delete and then you'll gat the trash icon option which will delete the formatting
anneafriend

Post by anneafriend »

(To remove a highlight) lightly tap do not hold down the little square at the right across from the highlight one or several little boxes will appear. Each box represents a Highlight. You must press remove and it will remove one box. You must do this same process over and over until all boxes are removed, at that time the highlight will also be removed.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

anneafriend wrote:(To remove a highlight) lightly tap do not hold down the little square at the right across from the highlight one or several little boxes will appear. Each box represents a Highlight. You must press remove and it will remove one box. You must do this same process over and over until all boxes are removed, at that time the highlight will also be removed.
I think these instructions apply to Gospel Library 3.x for Android. There are no boxes to the right on Gospel Library 4 (iOS or Android).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
garydj1443

Post by garydj1443 »

The quick tap worked for me. When I quick tapped it, it came up with a different menu and I was able to delete the highlight. However, I do have a Samsung Galaxy S8, so I don't know if that would affect your ability to do it or not. Thanks though whoever posted that suggestion!
jdgraham

Post by jdgraham »

The method for removing highlighting is not intuitive. A better method needs to be devised.
prush

Post by prush »

Here it is Nov 2019 and still having glitches with undo hilighting! Could an update be to show delete withOUT having to pick highlighter again? The church should have best not clunckiest software! Very frustrated. I have been forced to use church scriptures because the program I had been using no,longer works on iPhone 11 and wiped all my highlights and tags when went to open the program!
kctonga

Post by kctonga »

Simple highlighting and/or removal of it, shouldn't be this difficult.
This has been an ongoing issue for a loooong time.
I've given up trying to highlight/underline stuff Pres. Nelson has asked us to do because it's so frustrating.
I have organized my scriptures under topics with different colors, but it's currently still a mess because I can't fix it!
I've wasted so much time on this.
I never have any trouble highlighting anywhere, except on the Church site.
In this respect, I feel we are still way back in the dark ages.
Why?
It just shouldn't be.
It's wrong!
amandaedgar7

Post by amandaedgar7 »

I have multiple editings of the same phrase how I improve since it was updated so it wouldn't show up. I don't what when you on windows laptop.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”