Multiplying Favorite Folders

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
slscalf

Multiplying Favorite Folders

Post by slscalf »

Since the past couple of upgrades to my iPad (gen. 4), When I go to the Main Library, the Favorites folder has multiplied, and there are now nine of them! (And all of them are empty). Is there a way to delete these and go back to just one?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Multiplying Favorite Folders

Post by sbradshaw »

Yes, to delete a custom collection, press the Edit button (top right corner), then tap on the collections you want to remove. You will see a checkmark indicating each item you select. Then, press Remove (lower left corner). Any custom collections you've selected (like Favorites) will be removed.

(As a side note for reference: If you select any standard built-in collections and choose Remove, they won't be removed in the same way as a custom collection. Instead, what it does is uninstall [undownload] all the books/items in the collection.)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
slscalf

Post by slscalf »

Yes, thank you. I figured this out this morning. But then, this evening, two more popped back up. When I first open the app, it pauses with a horizontal line through the middle of the screen and says "Gospel Library Updating" and then when I go to the Library, I have an extra favorites folder. A new one appears every time the app updates.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

That's an interesting bug! :) You could try deleting and reinstalling Gospel Library to see if that fixes the problem (make sure you're signed in to your LDS Account so all your annotations get backed up before deleting the app).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”