adding pictures and other media to Gospel Library

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
ronterry

adding pictures and other media to Gospel Library

Post by ronterry »

Is it possible to add personal pictures and/or other media as a Note or Tag to the Gospel Library app while studying the scriptures on an iPad?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: adding pictures and other media to Gospel Library

Post by sbradshaw »

No, this isn't currently possible. Sorry!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
chuthermuther

Post by chuthermuther »

Such a good idea! I would love to be able to add pictures of object lessons to my scriptures... Also as a seminary teacher, it would be great if my kids could snap pictures of quotes I hang up to add to scriptures just like pasting little pieces of paper when I was in seminary. I know you can go directly to the talk and link that way... but in a quick early morning lesson that just takes too long.
imabookwyrm

Post by imabookwyrm »

I would also love this. I'm in the process of transferring my faded handwritten margin notes from my original scriptures to the app in an effort to preserve them. I would love to be able to take photos of my hand written sticky notes and other things like quotes that I have saved in my scriptures--things I can't link to in the app. Adding photos in the notes would enhance my digital scripture study. :)
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I'd recommend sending your suggestions as in-app feedback. It is possible that a future version of the app could support it – though the main complication would be providing a way for images to sync between devices with the rest of your annotations. The sync server would have to store them, and there might need to be a different sync process because images take up more disk space than text.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jonathanrichey

Post by jonathanrichey »

I would like this feature as well. Sometime I have a doodle or picture that summarizes a theme or subject in a Visual way which is faith promoting. Would love to he them in my notes.
mdtait

Post by mdtait »

This would facilitate correlation with “Come Follow Me for families and individuals” with the linked videos and quotes.
dthomaswright

Post by dthomaswright »

I’m not 100% sure about this with pictures but if someone where to store the picture online somewhere (iCloud, OneDrive, Google Drive) you could get a share link for that picture and paste that link into the notes. When you click on a link in notes it would open a web browser and you could view site (at least on iOS). I do this with talks that are connected to what I am studying that are not in the gospel Iibrary app like BYU Devotionals or even LDS.org pages.

Those wanting to share in a class some kind of quote or picture can use a QR code that either has the text or a link to the specific paragraphs/verse of that quote so a student could then use the link feature. It takes some time to train students how to do this, but it is a quick way to work around not being able to add pictures. Plus then when it is linked they can go read the whole talk if they want to see the context of that quote.
rshoke

Post by rshoke »

This is what I do. I have a folder on my google drive and I store all my pictures there and even some videos that I like. I then create a note and attach the link to the picture or video. You can get this link by sharing the video or picture on google drive. Its a work around, but it works well.
gregoryboucher

Post by gregoryboucher »

Thank you for this help! Google Drive worked well!

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”