Shared Bookmarks

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
tracicot

Shared Bookmarks

Post by tracicot »

My wife and I are dying for a shared bookmarks feature. We alternate reading the scriptures, and we both use gospel library on our iPhones. Every single day when we sit down to read, it starts off "where did we leave off? Where'd you bookmark it? Are you sure?" Would love to be able to set a "Family" bookmark, share it, and whoever moves it, the updated location is pushed out to everyone.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Shared Bookmarks

Post by lajackson »

This is an idea you may wish to share through the Feedback email address in GL on your device. Your suggestion will go right to the developers that way.

As a workaround for now, in our family we all read along together, and bookmark where we stop. So any one of us can move to the next starting point if someone is missing the next time we read.

But I can see where it would be nice to know where the family is at in reading the scriptures, especially for a family member who might be traveling away from home, or at school, or elsewhere.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Shared Bookmarks

Post by sbradshaw »

Bookmarks are a little clunky to move around (especially between chapters) – I usually use the screens feature to keep my place in various books/studies. It automatically remembers where I scrolled to.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”