Gospel Libary iPad Pro support

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
Edwclark

Re: Gospel Libary iPad Pro support

Post by Edwclark »

I, too, am looking forward to the update which will enable multitasking. I am hopeful that Deseret Bookshelf will also add the multitasking feature so that the Gospel Library app can be used alongside the Deseret Bookshelf app. That would be awesome since I use both heavily in my daily study.
dave.king

Post by dave.king »

Question: Any updates yet on the iPad Pro/Split Screen support for gospel library? Thanks!
corwinslack

Post by corwinslack »

Here it is April 28. On update in the horizon? I saw recently that the church has licensed the content to a commercial app creator. Should we expect the church to abandon the gospel library? They drove everyone off with a great free app but updates and improvements are more and more sporadic. Did someone plan the tower and find out they could not finish it?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

corwinslack wrote:Here it is April 28. On update in the horizon? I saw recently that the church has licensed the content to a commercial app creator. Should we expect the church to abandon the gospel library? They drove everyone off with a great free app but updates and improvements are more and more sporadic. Did someone plan the tower and find out they could not finish it?
The Church is still actively developing the Gospel Library app and there are no plans in the near future for development by the Church to stop. The team of programmers for iOS and Android is small, but active when it comes to the major apps like Gospel Library and LDS Tools. Where did you hear about content being licensed to a commercial app creator? It's possible that someone was given permission to use the Church's content on a limited basis, but the Church is still actively developing Gospel Library.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

corwinslack wrote:I saw recently that the church has licensed the content to a commercial app creator.
Are you sure it wasn't for FamilySearch? Completely different situation there. The church does work with a number of partners on the Family History side. Although, I could see them being open toward licensing scriptures. But not anything membership related.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
hiltonc

Post by hiltonc »

LDS Scriptures App (http://ldsscriptures.com/) has an official license to use most of the content available in Gospel Library.
benholland

Post by benholland »

Any updates on iPad Pro or split screen support?
faziow

Post by faziow »

benholland wrote:Any updates on iPad Pro or split screen support?
I second that question. Any chance of adding that functionality soon? It would be a great boon to my study (being able to have it open next to a note-taking app or lds.org in Safari).
majorgearhead

Post by majorgearhead »

For now as we wait for the split screen enabled version of Gospel Library, I find that that lds.org in the browser is good enough right now to do split screen with the Onenote app so I can prepare lessons. It would be great to have it work with the native app but until then this workaround works for me.
rickferguson

Post by rickferguson »

faziow wrote:
benholland wrote:Any updates on iPad Pro or split screen support?
I second that question. Any chance of adding that functionality soon? It would be a great boon to my study (being able to have it open next to a note-taking app or lds.org in Safari).
Add my name to the list of those curious to know if there is a chance that Split View support is getting any closer. Every morning when I check for Updates on the App Store app, I keep hoping to see Gospel Library there with Split View support. :)

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”