Version 3.4.12 Gospel Library Crash

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
MEMitchell

Version 3.4.12 Gospel Library Crash

Post by MEMitchell »

Two days ago I updated the version of Gospel Library to Version 3.4.12. Upon rebooting of the app, it immediately crashed and I am unable to open Gospel Library in a meaningful way. My iPhone 4S uses iOS 6.1.3 and I am not planning to update the operating system. The description of Gospel Library indicates that it supports iOS6 and iOS7.

I have rebooted my phone. I have deleted and reinstalled the Gospel Library app.

I have 3.9 GB free on my iPhone.

I am not adept at user forums, but my search does not show any other reported issues - possibly because some users haven't updated to Version 3.4.12 yet.

Since I use Gospel Library for my calling, I would like to have this addressed before Sunday, October 11, 2015.

Please advise.
hiltonc

Re: Version 3.4.12 Gospel Library Crash

Post by hiltonc »

The 3.4.12 update was supposed to only be able to install on iOS 7.0 or newer. Unfortunately we missed a setting, which allowed it to be installed on iOS 6.1 or newer. The problem, as you observed, is that it doesn't actually work on iOS 6. The 3.4.13 update is already submitted to Apple and awaiting review. Once approved you should be able to update to 3.4.13 and it will work as before.
MEMitchell

Post by MEMitchell »

Thank you.
ETA?
hiltonc

Post by hiltonc »

App reviews currently average 7 days, so I'd expect it in less than a week. Not likely before this Sunday.
MEMitchell

Post by MEMitchell »

thanks
Ysmartinez

Post by Ysmartinez »

No me sirve esta versión para mi iPod 4 la anterior trabajo mejor asta que la actualice
kdbarwick

Post by kdbarwick »

So if I've read and understand everything that's been written, the update has been fixed so it will (once released) again work on IOS 6.1 and the fix 3.4.13 is under review by Apple and hopefully will be released next week (after Sunday), am I right? Thanks for all your help!
hiltonc

Post by hiltonc »

@kdbarwick yes, yes, and yes
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Note that the iPhone 4S is able to be updated to the latest operating system (currently iOS 9), if you want it to work sooner! :)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
MEMitchell

Post by MEMitchell »

Hi Sam - that's correct, but due to other apps on my phone, I don't plan to update to iOS9.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”