refresh content

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
toniki

refresh content

Postby toniki » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:12 am

I saw a post from last year that seems to indicate there's no way to subscribe to new content for Gospel Library on the iPad/iPhone. So does that mean the only way to get new content is to delete and reinstall the app?

sbradshaw

Re: refresh content

Postby sbradshaw » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:02 pm

Gospel Library automatically downloads content updates (LDS Music, also).
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:34 pm

toniki wrote:I saw a post from last year that seems to indicate there's no way to subscribe to new content for Gospel Library on the iPad/iPhone.

That might depend on the age of the iPad/iPhone. Apple doesn't support older ones anymore and it's policies tie the hands of developer trying to support the older units. Units able to run the current version of GL shouldn't have a problem.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

toniki

Postby toniki » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:38 am

I have an iPad 3rd Generation, running Gospel Library 3.4.7 (4). The latest issue of the Ensign it shows as an option is April 2015, which is the last time I deleted and reinstalled the app.

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:01 pm

It sounds like your device and app version are new enough that it shouldn't be having any problems downloading. You might try taking a screenshot in the app by pressing the power and home buttons simultaneously and then choosing the option to send feedback, and describing the problem.
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

hiltonc

Postby hiltonc » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:18 am

Update to Gospel Library 3.4.10 to get the latest content.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”