How do you change user accounts?

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: How do you change user accounts?

Post by jdlessley »

[Moderator note: The previous post was merged with this thread discussing the same topic.]
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jasonbeach

Post by jasonbeach »

Is this issue being looked at? I just tried and it won't let me erase my wife's login name.
hiltonc

Post by hiltonc »

The app does not support multiple accounts. Doing so is on the backlog. In the meantime, reinstall the app if you need to change username.
EdWilliams

Post by EdWilliams »

In training Senior Missionary Couples I have a found a couple that has two iPads, but the husband has signed into both. Therefore any changes his wife makes in Gospel Library show up on his as well. We tried to change the sign in person, but the person is filled in when we go to sign in, and there appears there is no way to change it.

Is there a way, other than uninstalling and reinstalling the application?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

No, you will need to uninstall and reinstall. Since they are syncing notes with LDS.org, none of their notes will be lost, but they will need to re-download any content they had downloaded for use offline.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
dbollard99

Post by dbollard99 »

This happened to me too. Had to uninstall and reinstall to fix.. iPhone.
Creightonfcb

Post by Creightonfcb »

Just as a heads up, this issue is still not resolved, but the work around (uninstalling then reinstalling and signing in with the different account) does work ...
morganbw

Post by morganbw »

Still unresolved. August 2016. I just sent feedback to gospel library requesting a bug fix. If any of you would like to do the same maybe it'll bring enough attention to fix the issue.
BridgeEJ

Post by BridgeEJ »

Experiencing same issue. Would love the capability to sign out a user and sign in with my account on a shared iPad.
codym004

Post by codym004 »

I am also having the same issue. It would be nice if this could be fixed. Thank you for this great app! This is the only trouble I have ever had.

By the way, in my case, my wife and I shared my account. However, when I became the ward membership clerk, I felt it was best for me to create a new user ID and for her to use her own account. I did that mostly to make sure that all our other devices would no longer be able to login with my account ID in case we missed it somewhere.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”