Gospel Library Using 2.2 GB of storage?

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
Lmhogrl

Re: Gospel Library Using 2.2 GB of storage?

Post by Lmhogrl »

Not it's taking up nearly 5 gigs. I don't know what to do.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Lmhogrl wrote:Not it's taking up nearly 5 gigs. I don't know what to do.
How many books do you have downloaded?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think there's a "download all" selection in some places. That could add up quick.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Lmhogrl wrote:Not it's taking up nearly 5 gigs. I don't know what to do.
For the Android version:
If you have things downloaded you no longer need, you can remove them. Tap the 3 dots in the icon. You can download or remove individual books (or conference issues) or if you go to the top level icon you can remove the entire set with a single tap.

I would assume the iOS version is similar, but have no experience with it.
raykearney

Post by raykearney »

Hi. I’m having a big problem with the storage I’m using on gospel library. On my iPad it is 8.3GB whereas on my iPhone 6 the same app is only using 243 MB.

I’m afraid to reinstall it in case I lose all my markings. I do not have any notes of any kind.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

raykearney wrote:Hi. I’m having a big problem with the storage I’m using on gospel library. On my iPad it is 8.3GB whereas on my iPhone 6 the same app is only using 243 MB.
Do you have videos and/or audio files downloaded and taking up space in Gospel Library on your iPad? You can check under Settings > Downloaded Media. Also, do you have a lot of books downloaded? Some users, for example, download all of the content from all of the sections of the app. It wouldn't take up 8 GB, but could take up a good amount of space.
raykearney wrote:I’m afraid to reinstall it in case I lose all my markings. I do not have any notes of any kind.
Are you signed into Gospel Library with your LDS Account? Are your markings syncing between your two devices and with LDS.org (check by signing into LDS.org and going to recent chapters that you highlighted)? If everything seems to be syncing correctly with your LDS Account, then you don't have to worry about deleting the app – your markings are tied to your LDS Account, not your iPad. If you are not signed in with your LDS Account, sign in, wait a few minutes, and check to make sure recent markings have synced before deleting the app.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
ailbemoreno

Post by ailbemoreno »

Kindly download my previous gospel library for the month of february 2018

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”